Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Interesting! I had no idea the slide mass changed significantly between iterations.

I've never had a problem with my 1.0 Compact's factory trigger. It's mushy but smooth and light. I actually like mushy triggers with a rolling break. The grip texture on 2.0 is what I really like about them (beside the new 4" 2.0 Compact size). I think it's the best I've felt on a factory polymer gun. I'd probably pick up a 1.0 CORE if I found a screaming deal on one, though. I could add some granulate tape to a training/range gun without worrying about my skin or clothes.

Thanks for the input.
    Your welcome. I agree on the 2.0 grip texture, it works great and, as of yet, I have not had any issues with carrying it AIWB against my skin. It is night and day better that the 1.0 texture which is almost non-existent and does necessitate added grip texture or stippling.

Site Supporter
    I like the M&P 2,0 texture for shooting but I freely admit I took some of the bite out of the grip where it rubs my side in the summer without a t shirt here in GA. Took some extra fine sandpaper and softened the bite a little.

In general how is the accuracy of the 9mm 2.0's? Especially like a standard FS or compact?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I like the M&P 2,0 texture for shooting but I freely admit I took some of the bite out of the grip where it rubs my side in the summer without a t shirt here in GA. Took some extra fine sandpaper and softened the bite a little.
    Theoretically, I like the idea of extremely judicious use--in very selective locations--of super light sandpaper. It strikes me as preferable to soldering irons or adhesive sheet material.

It'll be interesting to see if I'm singing the same tune in a month.

I so want to jump on the bandwagon as I like the 2.0 Compact more than the G19, but I can't get away from the single-action trigger with no way to control the striker on reholstering. The Gadget will keep me carrying Glocks until someone figures out this is a good feature to build into guns (besides Ruger, Springfield, etc).

I do occasionally toy with the idea of a manual safety M&P, but I'm not sure thats anywhere near as confidence-inspiring as the Gadget is.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    I so want to jump on the bandwagon as I like the 2.0 Compact more than the G19, but I can't get away from the single-action trigger with no way to control the striker on reholstering. The Gadget will keep me carrying Glocks until someone figures out this is a good feature to build into guns (besides Ruger, Springfield, etc).

I do occasionally toy with the idea of a manual safety M&P, but I'm not sure thats anywhere near as confidence-inspiring as the Gadget is.
    I get but it’s just not that big a deal

If fully cocked striker guns and aiwb was a dangerous and unpredictable as everyone said, there’d be 15k new junk-less operators on IG everyday with their maladjusted no name maker Sidecar kydex And p320s

Site Supporter

I do not have an M&P with a safety but it is the only way I would own one.

The SCD and Manuel safety both have their pluses and drawbacks in regard to the Glock and M&P. My dream would be well done safety on a Glock with an SCD. Kind of a modern Hi-Power?

That or a double stack M&P with safety and grip safety.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 06-05-2020 at 01:21 PM.

I can't think of a downside to the SCD, only pluses. Definitely downsides to the manual safety though.

As for Duke's comments, point taken, and I'll admit it didn't freak me out until I read AIWB threads here, and I have carried such guns AIWB for extended periods without issue. But once that idea is in your mind it is tough to shake.
    Join FPC

I have the M&P's with the manual safeties.
    If you shoot the BHP or 1911, you'll be familiar, but better practice on your draw.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    I can't think of a downside to the SCD, only pluses. Definitely downsides to the manual safety though.

As for Duke's comments, point taken, and I'll admit it didn't freak me out until I read AIWB threads here, and I have carried such guns AIWB for extended periods without issue. But once that idea is in your mind it is tough to shake.
    As I’ve said before, the SCD is more sensitive to proper thumb placement and pressure than a hammer is. That’s the only “downside”.

That can be overcome with practice, and/or the addition of an NY1 trigger.

The SCD is fantastic.

User Tag List