Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Well, if we are bringing this back to life, does anyone have any good accuracy evaluations of the 9mm 2.0s?
    My brother has one and it is quite inaccurate. 5-6" groups at 25 yards

He has another M&P which will do sub 3 inch groups.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I bought a compact core when it first came out and i could not keep all shots in the black on the nra 50ft target. The range i practice only goes to 21 yards.
    After fitting an apex grade barrel and apex trigger I can keep most in the black. It is now my favorite pistol that I carry and practice weekly with. I shot these two groups very quickly after zeroing my optic. I recall the factory barrel being more picky with ammo. Now it shoots similar groups regardless of brand or grain of bullet.
    Name:  F4ABA06A-6286-4F0B-A44D-DE4D70F629B9.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  70.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I bought a compact core when it first came out and i could not keep all shots in the black on the nra 50ft target. The range i practice only goes to 21 yards.
    After fitting an apex grade barrel and apex trigger I can keep most in the black. It is now my favorite pistol that I carry and practice weekly with. I shot these two groups very quickly after zeroing my optic. I recall the factory barrel being more picky with ammo. Now it shoots similar groups regardless of brand or grain of bullet.
    Name:  F4ABA06A-6286-4F0B-A44D-DE4D70F629B9.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  70.5 KB
    The accuracy looks good with the upgraded barrel, but I was hoping they finally fixed the poor accuracy that seemed to plague the 1.0 9mm.

The 5-inch 2.0s seems uniformly accurate. The 4 inch and 4.25s seem hit or miss.

5-inch FDE offhand at 22 yards with 124 grain American Eagle

Name:  IMG-0976.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  19.7 KB

4-inch Compact Optics Ready getting zeroed at 25 yards with Norma 124 grain. The group in the white was offhand at 25 yards, the groups in black and red were braced as I walked it in.

Name:  IMG-1398.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  28.9 KB

Site Supporter
    How has the reliability been from those putting in some work with the m2.0s?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    My 4" compact is quite accurate and been 100% reliable.
    The OE trigger was decent but, Apex is a huge improvement.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Well, if we are bringing this back to life, does anyone have any good accuracy evaluations of the 9mm 2.0s?
    Mine would hold a B8 at 25 most of the time. There were some shots that ended up in strange places on the target that I didn't call.

That being said, the barrel fit on my gun was pretty poor (although better than on my other M&P's by a long shot) and I always planned to put an Apex barrel in it. I fitted an Apex barrel to the pistol and now it is probably legitimately a 1" or better gun at 25 yards. I'm just not a 1" or better shooter at 25. To give a frame of reference:

Name:  IMG_4857.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  50.2 KB

That is three rounds from about 30 yards. I called one shot left because I watched the dot jump to the left right as I broke the trigger. (I accelerated my trigger press at the very end) The zero of the gun was a hair off at that distance, one click to the right of center. Two of them ended up in an overlapping hole. I believe that's what the gun is capable of. I'm just not capable of delivering that level of performance on every shot.

Fitting an Apex barrel isn't hard to do. The results are phenomenal.

If you're willing to put in some work, the M&P can basically be turned into a gun that does all the things people want from Stacattos and Wilson's new breed of double stack "1911-esque" pistols, but at a significantly reduced cost even factoring in the Apex components you need to get it there.

I don't have gobs of rounds through the pistol yet, but in roughly a case and a half of assorted 9mm ammo ranging from 115 grain Blazer aluminum cased ammo, NATO clean-fire ammo, 115 grain Federal white-box "training" ammo, and 124 grain +P HST I've not experienced any stoppages or malfunctions. The slide does not reliably lock back with older Gen1 full-sized M&P magazines, but that's about it. And those springs have never been changed.

Name:  278136154_2172816579560910_6468008384316536122_n.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  91.3 KB
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-16-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    ...I should mention that I didn't end up using loctite for the optic mount. That came loose in fairly short order.

I've personally had better success with VibraTite VC3...which is what's on the gun now...mounting optics than loctite. YMMV.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Mine would hold a B8 at 25 most of the time. There were some shots that ended up in strange places on the target that I didn't call.

That being said, the barrel fit on my gun was pretty poor (although better than on my other M&P's by a long shot) and I always planned to put an Apex barrel in it. I fitted an Apex barrel to the pistol and now it is probably legitimately a 1" or better gun at 25 yards. I'm just not a 1" or better shooter at 25. To give a frame of reference:

Name:  IMG_4857.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  50.2 KB

That is three rounds from about 30 yards. I called one shot left because I watched the dot jump to the left right as I broke the trigger. (I accelerated my trigger press at the very end) The zero of the gun was a hair off at that distance, one click to the right of center. Two of them ended up in an overlapping hole. I believe that's what the gun is capable of. I'm just not capable of delivering that level of performance on every shot.

Fitting an Apex barrel isn't hard to do. The results are phenomenal.

If you're willing to put in some work, the M&P can basically be turned into a gun that does all the things people want from Stacattos and Wilson's new breed of double stack "1911-esque" pistols, but at a significantly reduced cost even factoring in the Apex components you need to get it there.

I don't have gobs of rounds through the pistol yet, but in roughly a case and a half of assorted 9mm ammo ranging from 115 grain Blazer aluminum cased ammo, NATO clean-fire ammo, 115 grain Federal white-box "training" ammo, and 124 grain +P HST I've not experienced any stoppages or malfunctions. The slide does not reliably lock back with older Gen1 full-sized M&P magazines, but that's about it. And those springs have never been changed.

Name:  278136154_2172816579560910_6468008384316536122_n.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  91.3 KB
    This has been my experience as well. We don't own any m&ps anymore but with an Apex barrel they shot so much better than my glock 19s and were ergonomically amaIng for me.

That said the heart wants what it wants and mine wants a g19

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    M2.0 4" Compact: It runs great so far.

I've had no stoppages or malfunctions over about 2000 rounds of bulk brass, bulk steel, 124+P Gold Dots and 147 HST. A significant amount of those bulk rounds were fired by a small-for-age 14 year old girl; the gun cycles reliably even with her shooting underpowered Wolf/Tula. I do tend to keep it appropriately lubed, and periodically I'll give the internals a quick wipe with a paper towel to remove excess crud, so I don't know how it would fare under conditions of actual neglect.

My particular sample is harder/fiddlier to manually engage the slide lock than my older M&P. My kid has a hard time with locking the slide back compared to Gen 1, and I have also noticed that it's annoyingly easy to mess it up. Not sure if this is due to the 2.0 slide lock redesign to prevent auto-forwarding on reloads, or if it's just my personal gun. Strangely, my older M&P has never auto-forwarded, but the 2.0 has done it twice that I recall. I quite prefer the older design between my personal samples in this regard.

Anyone else notice the 2.0 guns being somewhat more finicky to manually engage the slide lock?

User Tag List