Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I have the M&P's with the manual safeties.
    If you shoot the BHP or 1911, you'll be familiar, but better practice on your draw.
    How do you like the TS on the MP vs a 1911?

For me, it seems like the MP TS would be better if it was just a very tiny bit lower and just a tiny bit bigger. The safety still is the best non 1911 safety I’ve tried on a striker gun. The safety on the Ruger American doesn’t look too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

For me, it seems like the MP TS would be better if it was just a very tiny bit lower and just a tiny bit bigger. The safety still is the best non 1911 safety I’ve tried on a striker gun. The safety on the Ruger American doesn’t look too bad.
    I'm a lefty, so I have extended ambi's on my Range Officer.
    They are about the same length on my guns
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    I'm a lefty, so I have extended ambi's on my Range Officer.
    They are about the same length on my guns
    So you find the 1911 and MP safeties to be about the same?

Sorry I can be a bit dense!

Short of the 1911 being a bit crisper, yes, they are about the same
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

4.0 compact vs 3.6 compact, any noticable differences in handling, accuracy or recoil?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    I do occasionally toy with the idea of a manual safety M&P
    I have the M&P's with the manual safeties.
    If you shoot the BHP or 1911, you'll be familiar, but better practice on your draw.
    I keep buying M&Ps with a safety because I want to like them so much, but for the shape of my hands they just do not fall in the right place.
    For me, it seems like the MP TS would be better if it was just a very tiny bit lower
    I think exactly this. I keep wishing somebody would make one that dropped the lever just about 0.125" lower or so. But realistically the M&Ps I like sell so fewer than the Glock pistols, and the models with safeties sell such a small segment of those, it is unrealistic that somebody will do one. But boy, I sure would like it. After about 40 years of 1911 shooting it would be instinctive for me, but I am just one guy. But I think the M&P would be damn near the perfect striker gun for me, if that lever was just a littttttle bit lower. ...

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    4.0 compact vs 3.6 compact, any noticable differences in handling, accuracy or recoil?
    In my hands, yes. In rapid shooting such as Bill drill I notice that the shorter slides tend to lift off a little bit more and I end up with more shot dispersion. The longer sight radius also helps a bit with accuracy beyond 15 yards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I keep buying M&Ps with a safety because I want to like them so much, but for the shape of my hands they just do not fall in the right place.

I think exactly this. I keep wishing somebody would make one that dropped the lever just about 0.125" lower or so. But realistically the M&Ps I like sell so fewer than the Glock pistols, and the models with safeties sell such a small segment of those, it is unrealistic that somebody will do one. But boy, I sure would like it. After about 40 years of 1911 shooting it would be instinctive for me, but I am just one guy. But I think the M&P would be damn near the perfect striker gun for me, if that lever was just a littttttle bit lower. ...
    Thank you for posting this. It reminds me of why I do not pursue the M&P with a TS. I want it to work so bad, but it's just enough off for me to say "no". If I was forced to carry an M&P, then I would use one with a TS, and make it work the best I could.

I want it to work so bad, but it's just enough off for me to say "no".
    I think I bought four of them and ended up converting them. I even went to a local specialty welding shop who does gun stuff to try to get them to alter the current lever but they didn't want to screw with it.

I finally picked up a 9mm 2.0 Compact as a replacement for Glock 19. I should have done this years ago!

I've always struggled with the trigger reach on regular Glocks. It's most apparent when shooting one-handed. Using a gun that actually fits my hands is like I've suddenly hit the Easy Button. Even with two hands I can hit 8 inch steel at 25 to 40 yards noticeably faster and more reliably. I'm thrilled with the shootability. For me it was like buying skill.

I only have two gripes about the M&P 2.0 C vs G19.

First is no Striker Control Device functionality. This is a big downside to me; it's the reason I've stubbornly stuck with Glocks.

Second is the rear sight geometry. I really like how you can buy Glock rear sights that don't extend rearward of the dovetail. With 3:00 carry, I find that the pointy outside corner of a rear sight makes a strange inorganic printing "point" that looks conspicuously mechanical. The rounded rear of a Glock slide makes a more organic lump. A quarter or 3/8 inch of sight radius isn't useful enough to warrant that spike sticking directly off the back end of the slide. I see no good options for M&P pistols that address this.

Name:  rearSight.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  51.3 KB

Gripes aside, I can simply shoot the M&P so much easier that I'm considering selling-off my longtime trusted companion G19 platform, and piles of associated support gear, at a significant loss. I'm really impressed with the 2.0 Compact.

It completely blows my mind that S&W didn't make a 15 round frame to accommodate the original 4.25" slide assembly from the very beginning! They would've only needed to produce one different frame mold and and the associated magazine. I'd actually prefer that configuration today. It's crazy that they had to produce an entirely separate slide assembly that's an insignificant .25" shorter before they got their act together with the 15 round frame. Utter madness. Someone at S&W needs flogged. There is virtually no reason to have 4" AND 4.25" slide assemblies.

And they still don't offer the 4.25" slide assembly on the 15 round lower. So dumb.

User Tag List