Page 87 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

I think the APEX Videos are really helpful

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is it more difficult to detail strip an M&P vs a Glock?
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    In a word,
    YES.
    But not terribly difficult, but it does not come apart like a glock.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMh7...CxRdwpNE8QXaeK

As far as sights, I have several, including Ameriglow, 10-8, and TFO, but am reconsidering Dawson:
    Name:  Dawson.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  50.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMh7...CxRdwpNE8QXaeK

As far as sights, I have several, including Ameriglow, 10-8, and TFO, but am reconsidering Dawson:
    Name:  Dawson.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  50.3 KB

I installed the very same on a Smith 3913 years ago. Sturdy sights with a good sight picture.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I installed the very same on a Smith 3913 years ago. Sturdy sights with a good sight picture.
    I had them on a G35 years ago and dint think much of them at the time, but now I remember shooting well with the thing. Hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DG12 View Post
    What kind of sights are y’all running on your 2.0s. I have FO sights on mine now, but I just can’t make myself like them on any gun and I’ve tried them on multiple guns over the years. I’m hard headed I guess. I’m going to look into something similar to Ameriglo bolds for Glocks, but thought I’d check here first for ideas.
    I’m the opposite. I prefer plain Black rear/ FO front. I installed my first set of Trijicon HD’s (XR version) on my 2.0 Compact and wish I had stuck with Warrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    I’m the opposite. I prefer plain Black rear/ FO front. I installed my first set of Trijicon HD’s (XR version) on my 2.0 Compact and wish I had stuck with Warrens.

I have Proctor Y notch sights on mine now. Going to keep them for a little while longer to see if I a get used to them when shooting faster. Slow fire they’re great. I just can’t shoot any FO sights accurately at an kind of speed for some reason. If I end up with Trijicon or Ameriglos I’ll let you know and send these to you (if I don’t beat them all to pieces taking them off, tight fit).
    Last edited by DG12; 03-24-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DG12 View Post
    I have Proctor Y notch sights on mine now. Going to keep them for a little while longer to see if I a get used to them when shooting faster. Slow fire they’re great. I just can’t shoot any FO sights accurately at an kind of speed for some reason.
    Proctor sights are at outlier amongst fiber sights. The front post is wider than the rear notch which makes for a very tight sight picture, especially on a shorter sight radius gun like a 19.

Ben Stoeger said he sometimes found fiber sights too bright, so he uses green and runs a sharpie across the top. I'm not sure what your issue is but it could be similar.

Dimming the front sight is excellent advice and I’ve tried that in the past. I just have some weird issue with FO sights typically. I think I lose them easily in recoil (kind of odd) and realize the sights have been settled waiting on me to shoot again, leading to all sorts of problems. Who knows, probably some strange thing with me. A lot of dudes love FO though.

My 2.0 is up to around 800 rounds and doing good. I have the safety version and like it more than I thought I would once I got the backstrap situation figured out in relation to the safety. I think I read an older post by JHC that his hand got slide bite pretty bad due to thumb placement and the safety. My thumb knuckle was getting straight up gashed with the ML backstrap. I’ve done a 180 and am using the small, testing more trigger finger with the benefit of no more slide bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    I prefer plain Black rear/ FO front.
    For years I used plain rear sights and then tried the TFOs with the (supposedly dimmer) yellow rear dots and, at about age fifty six or so, decided I didn't hate the rear dots as much as I used to. Then I got a Ruger SR1911 Target and there are not a lot of choices (it is a "Kimber" pattern, I know after three tries...) and I ended up with a Dawson rear. The differences are subtle, but perhaps significant. For one, the rods are smaller, and they say "We counterbore the blade so the optic is recessed. This subtle difference focuses the light in the sight making it not only brighter, but clearer" and I think it matters. I went back to the TFOs on my most recent M&P, but I am pretty sure I will (new tires this week...) try some Dawsons instead. Also with the simple rod installation it is easy to mix colors. Not that we need celebrity endorsement, but while watching a Pat Mac video the other day he mentioned (I think he is 54yo) he cannot see the sights distinctly anymore, and the view was fleeting, but his sights looked like the Dawson's I am about to buy.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 03-25-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone tried a M&P safety model with an ALS holster?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone tried a M&P safety model with an ALS holster?
    Can confirm it works just fine with current 7TS series holsters.

User Tag List