Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

This is going to become my stock answer
    After quite a bit of research, and good information from "The Esteemed Dentists", I have decided to move into this model (S&W M&P 2.0 Compact) after about 35 years of using Glocks (17, 19, 21, 30).

The largest criterion that is moving me is for the manual safety availability. If that were not an issue, there would probably be insufficient reason for a change. That there are skilled and reputable users on this site (Drs. Roberts and House) helped my decision, which was not an easy one.

Thank you all for the information that many have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    The largest criterion that is moving me is for the manual safety availability.
    That was the primary reasons my brother decided on the 2.0 compact. I suggested the G19 gen5 and the 2.0 compact. He felt having a safety was a positive thing to have for reholstering.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The single possible downside is the rough grip, which I live. If a shooter likes the grip, there is very little to critique.
    I think the grip texture is awesome for shooting. I obviously havent carried the gun, so I cant speak to that. My brother did say a T shirt between him and the grip is nice.

I'm carrying a 92, so its wildly different... but I'm almost jealous of that grip texture. If I had that on the Glock I used to carry I would have loved it.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 03-16-2019 at 10:15 PM.

I was pretty impressed by the 2.0 the little time I got to try one out. I recommend it and a g19 to new shooters usually. That or a revolver based off their willingness to train.

I still want one as I like my original M&P, but hate the stock trigger shoe and love Glock mag prices and availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the primary reasons my brother decided on the 2.0 compact. I suggested the G19 gen5 and the 2.0 compact. He felt having a safety was a positive thing to have for reholstering.

I think the grip texture is awesome for shooting. I obviously havent carried the gun, so I cant speak to that. My brother did say a T shirt between him and the grip is nice.

I'm carrying a 92, so its wildly different... but I'm almost jealous of that grip texture. If I had that on the Glock I used to carry I would have loved it.

-Cory

The T-shirt is the answer.
    Been carrying mine for over a year now, and after platform jumping for years, this is what works-best-for-me.

I recently got a 1.0 M&P9c, for the '26 size' option. The 3.6" 2.0 makes no sense to me, as it still maintains the full-size grip[15 rounds].
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Although mine is a 1.0 I greatly prefer it to my wife's G19 gen4. If nothing else the M&P grip feels like someone who cared designed it. The G19 feels like someone took a wood 1x3 and spent 5 minutes w/ a little sandpaper.

I’m in a ban state and Smith just made the 2.0 Compact available with 10 round mags.

I was a Sig guy for almost 20 years but the M&P just works for me—1.0, 2.0, full size, compact, 9mm, .45, they all seem to work better for me than anything else.

Bumping this thread.

It's a good size. It offers a safety he felt was important. Its easy to shoot accurately which has helped him to shoot often. Its really basic, does what he needs, is similar to his wife's sheild which helps with family shooting. Aftermarket support.

Attachment 36230Attachment 36231

-Cory
    Had a chance to handle the full size M&P 2.0. Like you said really basic, but in the sense of everything that you need and nothing more - a somewhat flat yet ergonomic, textured grip and a very workable trigger. Makes you want to pick it up and take it for a ride. Very shootable. And a great price. Actually prefer the 4.25" barrel to the 5" barrel, which feels just a touch front heavy to my hand.....

Should give the compact a try
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 03-17-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    I’m in a ban state and Smith just made the 2.0 Compact available with 10 round mags.

I was a Sig guy for almost 20 years but the M&P just works for me—1.0, 2.0, full size, compact, 9mm, .45, they all seem to work better for me than anything else.
    I have 3 .45acp M&Ps. The 1.0 in full-size and 4" barrel 8-round magazine. A 2.0 full-size. I like the upgrades to the 2.0. Texture of the 2.0 grip took a bit of getting use to, but I like it. Also, it seems like the 10 round magazine capacity limit gets traction depending on politics and events in the news. Nice to have a mag designed around the 10 round capacity that works from the git-go.

What kind of sights are y’all running on your 2.0s. I have FO sights on mine now, but I just can’t make myself like them on any gun and I’ve tried them on multiple guns over the years. I’m hard headed I guess. I’m going to look into something similar to Ameriglo bolds for Glocks, but thought I’d check here first for ideas.
    Last edited by DG12; 03-17-2019 at 07:06 PM.

User Tag List