Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I was disappointed that the CTC Lasergrips for the M&P supposedly don't fit the 2.0 and there aren't plans to offer them. This would apply to the full size models. Hopefully they come out with one for them and the compact.
    Didn't S&W buy CTC? I can't imagine them not offering them eventually.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    S&W still putting the locks in the revolvers, correct ?
    Correct. Of course, the lock has absolutely nothing to do with the "deal" mentioned earlier. The lock is annoying, but is not part of a larger betrayal of the American gun owner.

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/g...-smith-wesson/

Don't think size is the only factor here but it doesn't hurt. I won't be much interested in the 2.0 Compact due to the fully tensioned striker and no SCD, but I do hope it is a successful pistol.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I was considering adding another glock but this has encouraged me to hold on to my funds. Once this has been out a little while it may be my next purchase.
    I'm in the same boat. I was going to take a good look at the G19-5, but this makes me reconsider.

Name:  1vs3.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  19.9 KB

Gen 3 G19 versus original M&P FS

Grip chop to the new mag length is going to be really close to a G19 sized pistol.
    Last edited by Patrick Taylor; 09-20-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Name:  1vs3.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  19.9 KB

Gen 3 G19 versus original M&P FS

Grip chop to the new mag length is going to be really close to a G19 sized pistol.
    Interesting idea of the grip chop. Can that be done reasonably on the M&P with the replaceable back strap securing method they use? I don't have a M&P to check it out but from memory I thought the system to secure backstraps came down to the lowest point at the rear of the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Interesting idea of the grip chop. Can that be done reasonably on the M&P with the replaceable back strap securing method they use? I don't have a M&P to check it out but from memory I thought the system to secure backstraps came down to the lowest point at the rear of the grip.
    I am about 3/4 of the way through doing mine, and the back strap will not be interchangeable. I will have to cut off and glue the pin in.

Thanks for clarifying. I hope you will share some pictures when you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I hope you will share some pictures when you finish.
    Here is the in process post:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....urn-on-the-saw

I was searching for a glue that would be somewhat color matched, and I think JB Quickweld will be black enough. Just the project stalled a little, but it will be winter soon enough

FYI - Brownells is now showing the slick side M&P 2.0 Compact in stock in 9mm and .40.
    http://www.brownells.com/search/inde...+2.0&ksubmit=y
    Last edited by lazarus long; 09-22-2017 at 07:58 PM.

User Tag List