Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For general EDC use, I think a stock Gen 5 trigger with the dot connector is near ideal. You have some pre travel, then you encounter a wall with enough pressure that you know you are doing something by continuing to press the trigger. With an OEM M&P 2.0 trigger, especially with a Performance Center or DCAEK trigger kit, you have a substantial amount of very light pre travel, but the wall is light enough you can easily crash through it before recognizing you are on the wall. That is not something a thumb safety will help with, since it involves pressing the trigger. I also think that much pre travel can induce sympathetic movement, especially shooting one hand. That is why I think a Shield Plus or Apex FSS with heavier springs is better for EDC. If a thumb safety is the only way I felt comfortable carrying a M&P, I would get something else, as that thumb safety comes off way too easy.

The main advantage of the TS for me would be holstering or possibly admin handling.

Your points are well taken.

“Admin Handling “

What if we just always handle it like it’s a gun?.

Not sure where a thumb safety that won’t stay on firmly adds anything in the form of safety if we’re already waiving it around like a boomerang or some other weird shit

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    “Admin Handling “

What if we just always handle it like it’s a gun?.

Not sure where a thumb safety that won’t stay on firmly adds anything in the form of safety if we’re already waiving it around like a boomerang or some other weird shit
    I imagine most PFers know what “admin handling” means. The term might be a bit cheesy but it has a useful meaning.

It wouldn’t if you handled a gun like you describe. Though if you want a TS for additional safety while “admin handling”, you’re probably not the type who behaves in such a manner with a firearm.

The gun can be handled safely without a TS, but the the TS adds extra security without much price.

Still, I do wish the thumb safety on the M&P was a bit better.

For general EDC use, I think a stock Gen 5 trigger with the dot connector is near ideal. You have some pre travel, then you encounter a wall with enough pressure that you know you are doing something by continuing to press the trigger. With an OEM M&P 2.0 trigger, especially with a Performance Center or DCAEK trigger kit, you have a substantial amount of very light pre travel, but the wall is light enough you can easily crash through it before recognizing you are on the wall. That is not something a thumb safety will help with, since it involves pressing the trigger. I also think that much pre travel can induce sympathetic movement, especially shooting one hand. That is why I think a Shield Plus or Apex FSS with heavier springs is better for EDC. If a thumb safety is the only way I felt comfortable carrying a M&P, I would get something else, as that thumb safety comes off way too easy.
    I get what you are saying. For me…. the M&P has a little take up then behaves like a traditional single action trigger. My G5 19 MOS is more like a TDA trigger. I shoot it faster and better when applying TDA skills, being a little aggressive on the trigger when pushing out. The M&P is more 1911 like for me, finding the wall when pushing out then finishing the pull as everything cleans up. Hope this makes sense. Also, not to create any confusion, I’m not talking about the “Now!”trigger control on the M&P 2.0.

Can the Thumb Safety be modified to be both stiffer and to
    have a distinct click on and off?

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    Can the Thumb Safety be modified to be both stiffer and to
    have a distinct click on and off?
    Have you tried one? Mine feels like a well tuned 1911 safety with a distinctive click, both audible and tactile.

Probably varies from gun to gun. Mine was so mushy, I couldn’t trust it. I called S&W and got the plugs then removed my safety. It was a poor example.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Probably varies from gun to gun. Mine was so mushy, I couldn’t trust it. I called S&W and got the plugs then removed my safety. It was a poor example.
    I’d hope not, for what they are retailing at price-wise. How did they reply when you called them and told them you had a TS that was so mushy that you couldn’t trust it?

(snip) If a thumb safety is the only way I felt comfortable carrying a M&P, I would get something else, as that thumb safety comes off way too easy
    That was my experience as well, until I molded a 'shelf' into the kydex I carried in, that did not allow the safety to move when holstered.
    It was positive when engaged, and audible on all three guns, but was very easily disengaged when not in the holster. It is something I became very cognoscente of.

The JM holster design actually secures the safety as well, and is very secure.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I’d hope not, for what they are retailing at price-wise. How did they reply when you called them and told them you had a TS that was so mushy that you couldn’t trust it?
    The lady on the phone was very unconcerned, said I could send it in for inspection but didn’t offer to send a call tag. I told her to just send me the plugs and I’d remove it. Charged me like $3.00 for them.

Full disclosure, I had another one without it and didn’t really push the issue. I wound up selling both guns.

User Tag List