Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,129 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Started w/ a gen 1 CORE in 2013 (now in a BP) added two gen. 2 CORES in 2021 (EDC & USPSA/IDPA) all 3 got Apex trigger/sear kits only & added a gen. 2 Shield+ 4" for EDC in 2022 but that trigger is OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I actually did a comparison shootout between a stock 1.0, a stock 2.0, and an Apex 2.0 using a bench rest. At 15 yards the 1.0 would just have random flyers, the 2.0 produced noticeably smaller groups, and the Apex shots were a ragged hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Mine seems to lock up well enough. All of my 1.0s wont do this. I'm not going to bother with a Apex barrel but I am putting in an Apex trigger today. The triggers are definitely better than the 1.0 but are still not great. I'm pretty sure a better trigger would have reduced or eliminated this separation.
    With my 2.0 5" experience the only reason I did the barrel was a This Old House Case Of The Might As Wells. After maybe 12k through the stock gun I decided I wanted to try the flat trigger, and if I was going to do that I might as well start with a fresh pistol (nobody ever seems to mention what a good deal these are), and if I was going to buy a new pistol and a trigger kit I might as well get the barrel also. Now I have another one setup the same, only direct milled for the SRO, and if I am sticking a $500 optic on top of something I am going to put that other stuff under it.

If you are going to do the trigger consult their spring matrix and consider setting them up with the lightest trigger spring and the heaviest sear spring, that is what I did and if I squint just right it seems like a light take-up and subsequent snap just a little reminiscent of God's Gun

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    One will get milled for an ACRO so I may pick up a fourth.
    I do like the direct mill idea better than the CORE, I bought the most basic pistol and did the trigger and barrel and direct mill. I didn't have the (stainless) slide refinished, none of the metal is visible, and since you only ship the stripped slide shipping is easy and cheap. This all makes the direct mill pretty close in cost to a CORE gun, though the CORE gun does come with high sights.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Unfortunately, because the fanboy base for any brand can be so strong, resulting in a lot of negative comments about competing brands, it can be hard to get accurate information off the web.
    Ya know, I sure agree with this. I plan to just keep buying them cheap and stacking them deep. I paid $400 for my Compact 2.0 (have seen them subsequently for $350, was tempted...), my most recent 5" was $500 (currently ~$520). If accuracy is a concern the Apex barrel is $190 and a pretty easy project of you have a vice and a file and a Sharpie.

Site Supporter
    I will say that my 3.6 compact with an Overwatch FALX has been my most used carry gun for the last several months. I have a 365xl and shield plus that I am tempted to carry now that its getting warmer here in Texas but the 3.6 compact conceals, somehow, just as good as those guns - the weight and volume is the only reason I notice much of a difference. I also have an all black LE 2.0 Metal that has been fantastic so far as well - it will also get a FALX now that Overwatch announced last week that its compatible with the metal guns.

The suppressor height three dot sights… combat hold or center hold? I can’t seem to find a consensus online.

Combat hold. I confirmed this when I benched the pistol to zero a green dot. While I'm not a fan of combat holds, they play beautifully with my Holosun 507c so i left em on.

Converting California edition to an optics version

So Just bought The M&P 2.0 Compact in unfortunately the California version. I want to change the slide out to one with a optics cut for red dot. But because of the loaded chamber indicator, it seems like just more than the slide would have to be replaced. I have a opportunity to get a slide but the chances are my barrel( they are different at the indicator) won't work and the recoil assembly might need to be replaced as well.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    chances are my barrel( they are different at the indicator) won't work and the recoil assembly might need to be replaced as well.
    Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.
    So, I have no literal experience doing this, but I have a lot of M&P experience, and the barrel probably just has another notch in it (that wouldn't matter) and I am not sure why the recoil assembly might be different, but that are cheap.

Maybe pics showing your concern?

And if the barrel actually does need to be replaced an Apex is a well regarded upgrade and is pretty easy to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    So, I have no literal experience doing this, but I have a lot of M&P experience, and the barrel probably just has another notch in it (that wouldn't matter) and I am not sure why the recoil assembly might be different, but that are cheap.

Maybe pics showing your concern?

And if the barrel actually does need to be replaced an Apex is a well regarded upgrade and is pretty easy to fit.
    Thanks for the reply. As I have lots of experience owning guns, I have very little experience modifying guns as I have always just left them stock. I guess my main concern is that the slide I want to buy on ebay has no returns and is costly. So buying a new barrel and possibly even a new recoil assembly( although I agree with you on that ) could be more than I paid for the gun so I was looking for someone who has done this.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    Thanks for the reply. As I have lots of experience owning guns, I have very little experience modifying guns as I have always just left them stock. I guess my main concern is that the slide I want to buy on ebay has no returns and is costly. So buying a new barrel and possibly even a new recoil assembly( although I agree with you on that ) could be more than I paid for the gun so I was looking for someone who has done this.
    I have tinkered with some/much/most, shit wait... maybe all of my stuff. Maybe tell us more about the slide you are considering.

But....
    Many folks consider the direct mill approach to be superior anyway
    And...
    It looks like Jagerwerks will direct mill a slide with the LCI for just an extra $75.

ETA: Many folks do not exactly love the CORE system anyway and end up buying aftermarket plates, adding in the slide and enhanced plates and yada, yada and yada, might make the direct mill idea attractive.

Name:  JW LCI.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  41.8 KB

User Tag List