Page 69 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I wanted something with a better support base, Ala accessories, holsters...
    Walther offered no 99 in a "19" size.
    I bought the 99c,but it is more of a 19 slide with a 26 frame. Just didn't work for me.
    So far, the 2.0c has been great
    My brother has a 99c and loves it. It’s the only one I’ve ever messed around with. He has had trouble getting a left handed holster for it.

Ksg armory makes a great holster for the 99
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Frank Proctor just put up a video on Instagram on how to shoot a G19 better. The recommendation was sell it and get an M&P 2.0 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Frank Proctor just put up a video on Instagram on how to shoot a G19 better. The recommendation was sell it and get an M&P 2.0 Compact.

Site Supporter
    Wife out of town so I spent Saturday and Sunday at the range. A lot of Saturday was on the 100 yard rifle range testing 280AI hunting loads plus some 6.5CM time at 300 and 500 yards. I spent the 30 minutes of daylight left with my S&W M&P 2.0 Compact 9 "clone" to my carry Compact. Another 100+/- of my reloads with no incident. I continue to like this 2.0 Compact 9mm. I do most of my range shooting with 17 rounds FS mags with the "sleeve" so I get a "19X" effect.

Sunday I met my shooting partner to try his M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm with a Frank Proctor guide rod and 13 lb spring. His Compact has Ameriglo "Hack" sights plus APEX USB, SEAR, and replacement polymer trigger. That Compact setup shot very well and the FP guide rod and 13 lb spring is a noticeable difference. I put 200+/- 124 grain reloads through my Compact with no issues. I am very pleased with the 2.0 Compact and fighting the temptation of trying Glock G5 or HK P30, etc.

Kind of amazing that you can get a $400 pistol, add $80 sights, and $80 in Apex parts (USB and SEAR) and have such a good shooting pistol that holds 15-17 rounds and is a delight to carry.
    Last edited by ranger; 06-24-2018 at 07:01 PM.

So I’ve found myself trolling gunbroker for one of these with the thumb safety. I think if I’m patient enough, I should be able to score a NIB one for $350 before shipping. My resolve is weakening.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    So I’ve found myself trolling gunbroker for one of these with the thumb safety. I think if I’m patient enough, I should be able to score a NIB one for $350 before shipping. My resolve is weakening.

I am in the same boat as you. If the safety was just 10% better, I would have already bought two.

Still, I am thinking about grabbing one. It's that or trying the P-07 for the millionth time.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    I think they are currently $399 at Fins & Feathers in addition to a $50 S&W Rebate.
    Last edited by JBP55; 06-25-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I think they are currently $399 at Fins & Feathers in addition to a $50 S&W Rebate.
    If I get one on gunbroker from an FFL I can still get the rebate too. $350-$50= winning

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    If I get one on gunbroker from an FFL I can still get the rebate too. $350-$50= winning

–————————————————
    Have you shot a 2.0 compact with a safety yet?

User Tag List