Page 73 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

My 2.0 compact feels like a 19...
    Just saying.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I can tell the 2.0 Compact is bigger and heavier when carrying. Not much, but definitely noticeable.

Site Supporter
    Well, the new 3.6 M&P 2.0 Compact will be "smaller". I have no issues carrying the M&P 2.0 Compact 4.0 9mm especially since I was carrying the M&P Gen 1 FS before.

Changed my sights out on all three 2.0s.
    I have installed the Proctor Y sights on all of them.
    This was the carry gun, 7 yards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I found a 3.6" 9mm online at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore for $399.99 shipped so I jumped on it. Hopefully I won't have to send it back to S&W for service. I'm 2 for 2 in the last couple of years for new M&Ps having to go back to the factory!

Once it arrives I'll see how it shoots in comparison to the 4" and report back.
    Last edited by 45FMJoe; 07-21-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Went to range today with two M&P 2.0 9mm - one full size and one compact. Actually, three - I had my carry M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm with me. I recently bought the FS and Compact sized Frank Proctor "WOTG" guide rods and his 13 lb springs. Ran about 200 on my reloads - 124 Bayou over 5.1 WSF - through the two "2.0s" with the new spring/rod combos - no issues. Ran 5 round drills - 5 round freestyle, 5 round strong hand, 5 round support hand, 5 round drill - 4 to body, 1 to head. No functioning issues and the lower power spring and guide rod combo seemed to help on the follow-up shots as not fighting the heavier spring slamming the slide home. Will continue to try out - however, my Carry 2.0 Compact will keep the factory RSA.

All my 2.0 have the APEX USB and APEX sear with OEM springs and OEM trigger - the two compacts have Dawson black target rear sight and red FO fronts. The FS has a Warren target black rear and red FO front.

I am slowly but surely selling off the other 9mm pistols to focus on the M&P 2.0s.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Went to range today with two M&P 2.0 9mm - one full size and one compact. Actually, three - I had my carry M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm with me. I recently bought the FS and Compact sized Frank Proctor "WOTG" guide rods and his 13 lb springs. Ran about 200 on my reloads - 124 Bayou over 5.1 WSF - through the two "2.0s" with the new spring/rod combos - no issues. Ran 5 round drills - 5 round freestyle, 5 round strong hand, 5 round support hand, 5 round drill - 4 to body, 1 to head. No functioning issues and the lower power spring and guide rod combo seemed to help on the follow-up shots as not fighting the heavier spring slamming the slide home. Will continue to try out - however, my Carry 2.0 Compact will keep the factory RSA.

All my 2.0 have the APEX USB and APEX sear with OEM springs and OEM trigger - the two compacts have Dawson black target rear sight and red FO fronts. The FS has a Warren target black rear and red FO front.

I am slowly but surely selling off the other 9mm pistols to focus on the M&P 2.0s.
    Did you notice a big difference between the USB in the sear adition in the 2. 0?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    In my opinion, the APEX sear makes the biggest difference; however, I always update sights so I might as well change the APEX USB when I change the sights. If you are not changing sights - I would try leaving out the USB.

I have a M&P Gen 1 FS 9mm that I bought from a buddy - it had a 10-8 rear installed and it was so tight I could never get it to move. I just changed the AEX sear on that one and never did change the USB - it is a great pistol and was my EDC until I got the 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    In my opinion, the APEX sear makes the biggest difference; however, I always update sights so I might as well change the APEX USB when I change the sights. If you are not changing sights - I would try leaving out the USB.

I have a M&P Gen 1 FS 9mm that I bought from a buddy - it had a 10-8 rear installed and it was so tight I could never get it to move. I just changed the AEX sear on that one and never did change the USB - it is a great pistol and was my EDC until I got the 2.0.
    If your're runnig a 2.0 with an Apex sear (.45 sear), you need the Apex trigger or you will have a decent amount of overtravel with just the stock trigger and apex sear. It was different in the 1.0s. I have found that, for me, the 2.0s are improved with the USB and do not require the full Apex kit. I spent a day at the range running bill drills, the test, and 10-round unsupported groups at 25, going back and forth between the Apex DCAEK with polymer trigger and the stock set up (stock trigger + stock sear), and found no measurable difference between the two. Finding the right backstrap for my hand size in relation to where my finger sits on the trigger made more of a difference than the Apex kit. YMMV.

Vending Machine Operator

M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

First test run to the range with the two new M&Ps. (.45 2.0 4.6” and 9mm 2.0 Compact 4”). Haven’t gone shooting in about 3 months hence the flyers and lower left drift.

Just a quick proof session. 121 rounds through the .45 and 100 through the 9mm. 45 was a mix of 230-grain Federal HST and PMC Bronze. 9mm was a mix of 147-grain Federal HST and 115-grain American Eagle.

Nothing impressive, 20 feet, but for me this is decent shooting, especially the .45 which I found as accurate as my previously owned Sig 220R.

No stoppages in either gun. Both uncleaned and unlubed, box to range.

We will see how they hold up at higher counts but my initial impressions are very, very positive. I like these guns a great deal. Overall finish, quality, accuracy, grip, and function seem markedly improved over the 1.0 guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-03-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List