Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Great info……

So why generally do the 40 and 45 not show shitty or randomly shitty accuracy vs the 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Great info……

So why generally do the 40 and 45 not show shitty or randomly shitty accuracy vs the 9?
    I am sure someone with way more knowledge will chime in. I do know that the M&P was designed as a 40SW and later adapted to the 9. That may have something to do with it.

Vending Machine Operator
    Great info……

I don't have enough technical knowledge to know why, but it's true. My M&P 40 (even early first gen) and especially M&P 45 2.0 are outstandingly accurate.

I'm getting my Glock 22 Gen 5 MOS next month and I'm guessing the marksman barrel will make it my new most accurate poly .40 but that'll be fun to check, especially since my PX4 is also very accurate.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I'll certainly agree with that.

In fact, I'm considering relegating my 9 Compact to home defense, and using the .40 Compact as a street gun.

I base this on accuracy, and the evidence is piling up that the .40 is more or less omnivorous. The 9mm has a strong preference for certain loads.

When the M2.0 FDE 5 inch forst came out I got a 9mm for my wife and a 40 for myself. I traded off the 40 a while after that, but wish I would have kept it. It was a great handgun, accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

If anyone is looking for a M2.0 Compact 4", Proven Arms & Outfitters has the latest optic-ready version with forward serrations and flat trigger for $475. It even comes with a throw-away light.

Name:  SW-13645.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  38.5 KB

Never been much of a smith and Wesson guy and pretty much only carry sigs now but at the store today there was a 2.0 9mm compact, 4”, optics ready and suppressor height sights with 2 15rd mags and 2 extended mags and some range bag. $550 NIB so I left with it. I really like how it feels dry firing it.

What’s the current opinion on these?

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Never been much of a smith and Wesson guy and pretty much only carry sigs now but at the store today there was a 2.0 9mm compact, 4”, optics ready and suppressor height sights with 2 15rd mags and 2 extended mags and some range bag. $550 NIB so I left with it. I really like how it feels dry firing it.

What’s the current opinion on these?
    Probably the same as it was before

It was one of the few plastic guns I’ve ever owned that I wanted to go shoot for fun but,

With most ammo, it shot patterns, not groups

Looking back, I probably should’ve apexed it and put a barrel in it

Maybe someday if gen 5 19’s don’t work out for me

YMMV. Good luck

I bought the 3.6” barrel compact, not the subcompact, a few years ago when my wife snagged my G26. Ran about 500 rounds through it and carried it until the 365X came out. Recently I have been able to get back into training and I started the classes with my 365X and quickly realized that gun is just too small for my XL hands and with the 15 round mags, the Sig was on par with the M&P 3.6” Compact.

So far I have 2,000 ish trouble free rounds through it and have yet to clean it. It runs 100% (which was not the case with the 365X, had a couple FTF’s early on). Initially with the M&P my shots were all over the place until the instructor made some adjustments to my grip. I also switched the factory installed Medium grip module with the Large. This helped the grip to fill out my hand more and stopped me from pushing the trigger and helped me with not putting too much finger on the trigger. After a few sessions I traded off the 365X as it was really only a hair thinner than the M&P overall and not as pleasant to shoot by comparison. Not bashing the 365 by no means but the grip was just too small for my hands, which has been my experience with the G43 and Shield.

As for now, I like to think of the 3.6 Compact as my G26x. YMMV greatly.
    Last edited by Virtuosity Student; 05-13-2023 at 11:03 PM.

Probably the same as it was before

It was one of the few plastic guns I’ve ever owned that I wanted to go shoot for fun but,

With most ammo, it shot patterns, not groups

Looking back, I probably should’ve apexed it and put a barrel in it

Maybe someday if gen 5 19’s don’t work out for me

YMMV. Good luck
    I’m guessing it’s the barrel then that’s causing accuracy issues with these?

User Tag List