Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    FYI, Keeley Arms has 7 available at $425 Shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot the 2.0 compact last week in 9 and .40, as well at the full size 2.0 in .45...

Initial impressions? I owned a 1.0 in .40, just never did like it. added apex parts and the trigger was still mush. The 2.0 is MUCH better in the trigger department. the compacts are no exception. The 9 was a dream to shoot and very accurate. Granted, we shot at 7 yards. But offhand one hole groups were very doable at that range. The size is just a perfect sweet spot for my hand. I currently carry a 26 concealed or a 17 for exposed duty. I never was a huge 19 fan... But the 2.0 compact is just right for my hands. Too bad its not on our approved duty carry list.

The .40 was accurate, but much more of a handful. I have carried .40 as a duty gun in the past, and have never been bothered by recoil. While the .40 I certainly shootable, when shot side by side with the 9mm, it just was not as much fun for sure. Same with the full size .45... I can shoot it and control it just fine. But I kept thinking to myself, "so much more size, weight and recoil for only 10 rounds"... they were OK, but I was not ready to buy one.

After shooting the 2.0 compact in 9, I want one.

I can only hope they improved the finish. My old 1.0 and my wife's Shield and both prone to rusting is you look at them wrong. Other than that, the compact will sell in great numbers.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Might snap one up for the wife for Christmas.

Whittaker Guns has them for 419.99.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1709201414154

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I shot the 2.0 compact last week in 9 and .40, as well at the full size 2.0 in .45...

Initial impressions? I owned a 1.0 in .40, just never did like it. added apex parts and the trigger was still mush. The 2.0 is MUCH better in the trigger department. the compacts are no exception. The 9 was a dream to shoot and very accurate. Granted, we shot at 7 yards. But offhand one hole groups were very doable at that range. The size is just a perfect sweet spot for my hand. I currently carry a 26 concealed or a 17 for exposed duty. I never was a huge 19 fan... But the 2.0 compact is just right for my hands. Too bad its not on our approved duty carry list.

The .40 was accurate, but much more of a handful. I have carried .40 as a duty gun in the past, and have never been bothered by recoil. While the .40 I certainly shootable, when shot side by side with the 9mm, it just was not as much fun for sure. Same with the full size .45... I can shoot it and control it just fine. But I kept thinking to myself, "so much more size, weight and recoil for only 10 rounds"... they were OK, but I was not ready to buy one.

After shooting the 2.0 compact in 9, I want one.

I can only hope they improved the finish. My old 1.0 and my wife's Shield and both prone to rusting is you look at them wrong. Other than that, the compact will sell in great numbers.

My sentiments are the same, except about the 19 sized pistols, they are my preferred weapon of choice both on and off duty. The 1 gen version didn't impress me at all, no matter what i did with them. The 2.0 compact I shot today was exceptional, and I ordered one right after. If all goes as planned, I will be carrying it on and off duty, as I am the one responsible for approving weapons on our department list....

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-25-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Boy, I said I wasn't going to be a beta tester, but this is really calling my name... Add to the fact that S&W has a $50 military rebate, and the mags and ammo rebate going right now, and I'd be getting these for $369 each with 5 mags per gun. mighty tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Might snap one up for the wife for Christmas.

Whittaker Guns has them for 419.99.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1709201414154

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up! Snagged one this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    My sentiments are the same, except about the 19 sized pistols, they are my preferred weapon of choice both on and off duty. The 1 gen version didn't impress me at all, no matter what i did with them. The 2.0 compact I shot today was exceptional, and I ordered one right after. If all goes as planned, I will be carrying it on and off duty, as I am the one responsible for approving weapons on our department list....

TXPO
    Any thoughts on this vs. the G19 Gen 5 if you've shot one? I'm torn between that and this.

Thanks a lot! Now I've got another gun inbound that I didn't know I needed.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Does the 4 1/4" barrel of the full-size M&P9 2.0 fit and function in the compact M&P9 2.0?
    Last edited by Wendell; 09-26-2017 at 01:37 PM.

User Tag List