Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Have you shot a 2.0 compact with a safety yet?
    I have not. I’ve only handled the non safety version and haven’t ever actually live fired a 9mm M&P. I actually don’t know anyone who owns one. For $300 I’m willing to risk buying one without trying it first. If I didn’t like it I’d be able to sell it without losing any money.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I have not. I’ve only handled the non safety version and haven’t ever actually live fired a 9mm M&P. I actually don’t know anyone who owns one. For $300 I’m willing to risk buying one without trying it first. If I didn’t like it I’d be able to sell it without losing any money.
    If you find them for $300 you should purchase several.

So with all of the praise of the 2.0 compact, is the 2.0 full sized just as good? I remember there still being some accuracy complaints after 2,000 rounds or so has been fired on this forum when they were first released, as well as reliability complaints.

Site Supporter
    I put 6000 through a full size before buying the compact. I didn't have any problems with it.

Site Supporter
    I have two 2.0 Compact 9s without safety and one 2.0 Compact 9 with safety. The thumb safety on the 2.0 "feels" better than the 1.0 thumb safety (to me). I carry IWB and prefer the 2.0 Compact without safety.

I plan on getting a M&P 2.0 9mm Fullsize this Friday to replace a 1.0.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If I could find a thumb safety model for around $350 during the next six months, I’ll probably snag one for funsies. Tough to resist with the rebate offer going.
    I bought a 9 mm Shield 1.0 (with a safety) a few months back for $299, with free shipping. I think it was from Smoky Mountain Guns, or someplace like that there.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-27-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone now the closest equivalent to Glock “agent” sights there is for the M&p? Basically a U rear with a florescent front?

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Does anyone now the closest equivalent to Glock “agent” sights there is for the M&p? Basically a U rear with a florescent front?
    You can purchase the Ameriglo Classic or Operator U rear sight and pair it with the Ameriglo front NS of your choice.

I will be purchasing my third 2.0 compact today. The first was a no safety model, but the latter are models with safeties, all 9mm.
    Wanting them all to be the same, I contacted Smith and Wesson to see what the cost to do the swap would be.
    They replied to me three days later, and said that they would not perform this service.
    It can be done, as Speedshooters.com offers all the parts required, and I am capable of performing the mod, but thought it better that the factory do it.
    Wonder why?
    I was offer no other explanation beyond a no.

Beyond that, the 2.0 compact has been very reliable, and accurate. I find the grip surface very sticky, the trigger 'pretty good', but I will be changing the sights.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

After trying to induce my GF's 2.0 Compact to fail (with no success), I finally got one for myself.

I have no trust issues with this platform, but does anyone have any consistent date about weight preferences for ammo? Or is this another 'each piece is an individual' thing?

User Tag List