Page 65 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Anyone using the Thumb Safety version for AIWB? Is it positive to not accidentally come on or off? Also is it in an intuitive spot or awkward? I would want my thumb to ride on top of it like a "brake" so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I only tried one at the gun store. Outside of the 1911, it's the best safety I've messed with. Wish it was a tad lower and you could get a factory non ambi version, but if I got an M&P it would definitely have the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    The thumb safety is intuitive for a 1911 shooter. The 2.0 safety is more positive than the 1.0, but not as firm as (again) a good 1911.
    Mine is about the third M&P I bought hoping to like the thumb safety, and I agree it needs to be just a little bit lower. My current plan is to take it out (when both plugs are back in stock at Speed Shooters Supply) and go without while I experiment with fabricating something to create a lower paddle. If I ruin it I will have a pistol without the safety, if it works I will win the internet. Or at least the Pistol Forum part of the internet. Actually probably just the M&P 2.0 Compact thread...

If you buy AWIB from JMCK with a full guard pretty sure @TonyMayer can form the holster under the paddle. My IWB #3 is like that, but these days you may need to request it.

Creating a safety that was strong side only would be so super simple even a caveman could do it, and a legitimate use of a Dremel tool cut off wheel. You could easily cut the off-side paddle off, and install one frame plug. Hmmm, I was wondering why only one side was out of stock...
    Name:  FramePlugs.JPG
Views: 982
Size:  35.0 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-16-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Mine is about the third M&P I bought hoping to like the thumb safety, and I agree it needs to be just a little bit lower. My current plan is to take it out (when both plugs are back in stock at Speed Shooters Supply) and go without while I experiment with fabricating something to create a lower paddle. If I ruin it I will have a pistol without the safety, if it works I will win the internet. Or at least the Pistol Forum part of the internet. Actually probably just the M&P 2.0 Compact thread...

If you buy AWIB from JMCK with a full guard pretty sure @TonyMayer can form the holster under the paddle. My IWB #3 is like that, but these days you may need to request it.

Creating a safety that was strong side only would be so super simple even a caveman could do it, and a legitimate use of a Dremel tool cut off wheel. You could easily cut the off-side paddle off, and install one frame plug. Hmmm, I was wondering why only one side was out of stock...
    Name:  FramePlugs.JPG
Views: 982
Size:  35.0 KB
    Hey I use cutoff wheels everyday...on people.

civiliandefender.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Anyone using the Thumb Safety version for AIWB? Is it positive to not accidentally come on or off? Also is it in an intuitive spot or awkward? I would want my thumb to ride on top of it like a "brake" so to speak.
    I do. Very easy to use and positive.

I am really considering trading my VP9 for one of these 2.0’s. The FS 2.0 is just about exactly the size of the VP9 and gives me 2 extra rounds. The 2.0 has a helluva lot more aftermarket support and I don’t have the problem riding the slide release on the M&P.

Site Supporter
    With my Shield with the safety, I noticed immediate that when moving the pistol to a left front pocket, I'm no longer able to operate the safety. Thus the safety limits placement. When out and about in wood and dale with a long gun, I sometimes will carry a handgun in one of my several left hand holsters. This method keeps the shotgun or rifle stock from hitting the handgun. Also in a vehicle it's more comfortable for me. My two Shields with their safeties are not suitable for my use in left hand holsters. In these wanderings having quick access to the handgun is not a priority but wish to be able to access controls in the unlikely event that I needed to use the weapon. When hunting doves with a group, I elect not to carry a handgun. One reason is I wish not to declare it to a game warden who, though he officially can't object, probably would see the practice as out of place. I wish not to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    That's pretty good shooting! Iron sights (especially if they're the stock "combat" sights) on a striker fired auto and keeping them all on a 3x5. Good job!
    They aren't the stock sights (Ameriglo Pro glo square orange front with a blacked out yellow trit rears) but my trigger press was on point that day. My problem is being consistent with my trigger press.

I can't get the same performance with my Sig P320 nor with my duty G17......I can get close......but not all five on the card.

I'd like to Ransom Rest this M&P to see just how tight it does shoot. Ammo was S&B 124 grain FMJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I do. Very easy to use and positive.
    I'm seriously considering a second 2.0 Compact (in 40) and I catch myself leaning towards the thumb safety. I dunno, maybe it is because I cut my teeth on 1911's or maybe it is the whole "preemptive command" aspect (think "about face", click squeeze). Whatever it is, I think I want it.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

I see no reason to get one without the safety. If you don't like the safety, it can be removed, and you can get the plugs to fill the holes for a couple bucks (if you want - they're not really necessary.)

The safety can be added to the non-safety version too, but the parts cost more than doing it the other way around.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

I picked on up about 2 weeks ago and now have about 200 rounds. No failures and at least as accurate as my G19.5. My only complaint was the Ameriglo Spartans were definitely way too big for the dovetail. I spent an hour filing and tapping to get them seated. What a PITA.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Is it only Ameriglos that are that tight?

User Tag List