Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Second, you can leave the backstrap longer, such that the mag is flush-ish, like how it’s done on a 26.
    I did this on the 17 I chopped. Still feels like a 17 but a little easier to conceal. The butt is more square-ish so it prints a bit more than a 19 but I have a 19 if that's an issue.

I have about 500 rounds through my copy of the M&P 2.0 Compact now and I'm sort of blown away by how much better it is than the M&P full sized pistol I was issued a few years ago.

Other than swapping sights and putting Talon grips on it, I'm leaving it stock and plan on running it hard in the next few weeks. REAL solid little pistol. Yesterday, I was shooting at the 25 yard line and was able to manage a five shot group that was 1 and 1/2 inch (four shots) with one called flyer (the fifth shot) using S&B 124 grain FMJ.

If it keeps running this solid, I'll get an IWB rig for it and tote it.

My old duty pistol (with it's first gen barrel twist) absolutely blew when it came to accuracy. The trigger blew as well.

I will say that swapping the sights was a bit of a pain and the Ameriglo blacked out yellow trit rear I installed needed quite a bit of fitting but I'd rather it be snug than loose......like my aforementioned duty pistol's front sight channel was. I'd heat that gun up in a shooting class and the front sight would walk out. I'd notice groupings going right and look down and my front sight would be hanging off the slide.

No chance that'll happen with this 2.0......Smith and Wesson got this right. If it holds up to three or four cases, I'll love it.

Regards.

Name:  IMG_1258.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1259.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  30.8 KB

Some pics of said Smith.

Site Supporter
    @lwt16 Smith has had a problem in the past with the rear dovetail either being too tight or too loose. 10-8 started making their rears way oversized to compensate for Smith's shitty tolerances. Problem now is the dovetails don't seem to be cut too big on the 2.0, but 10-8 is still making them oversized. I've put them on four M&Ps and as much as I love them I don't know that I'll use them on a 5th unless 10-8 resizes them. It's taken a ridiculous amount of filing and hammering to get them installed on 2.0's. I wouldn't be surprised if Ameriglo has been purposely making them oversized as well.

Yeah, I figured since that first one that I owned had a loose front sight Smith was erring on the side of snugness or either the aftermarket sight makers were oversizing them.

I used a MGW Sight Pro to install them and it took just a bit of filing on the rear to get it to push on. The rear of the dovetail had to be hit with a triangular needle file in "just" the right spot to afford clearance.

Not a big deal but I was sure glad to have multiple sight installation jobs under my belt and specific task tools to do the job with. I'll trade that for the ejection patterns that this thing has when it spits brass out, the out of the box trigger (albeit with a long pre travel), and the accuracy.

Site Supporter
    Put 400 rounds through my second (training) 2.0C today. I really like these guns. Also put the first 150 through my 2.0 Shield and it shot really well at 15 yards, gonna be a great summer/npe/aroind the house gun.

I'm sitting at about 650 rounds through my 4" 2.0 c right now. The only thing done to it so far is to install Ameriglo Spartan sights. The only issue is that with both the factory sights and the Ameriglo sights, the gun shot to the left with the sights centered on the slide. I had our entire range staff test the gun to ensure I wasn't having a senior moment with my trigger press, ect. Once the sights were dialed on, then it's impressive.

The factory trigger was impressive out of the box. After about 500 rounds, it got ever so slightly better.

The grip texture feels great in the hand. But not so much against bare skin when carrying IWB. I also noticed that a cover shirt will catch against the grip texture at times. Lwt16's picture of his gun with the Talon grips installed got me to thinking of trying a set of Talon grips on my 2.0c, to see if that helps with these minor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I'm sitting at about 650 rounds through my 4" 2.0 c right now. The only thing done to it so far is to install Ameriglo Spartan sights. The only issue is that with both the factory sights and the Ameriglo sights, the gun shot to the left with the sights centered on the slide. I had our entire range staff test the gun to ensure I wasn't having a senior moment with my trigger press, ect. Once the sights were dialed on, then it's impressive.

The factory trigger was impressive out of the box. After about 500 rounds, it got ever so slightly better.

The grip texture feels great in the hand. But not so much against bare skin when carrying IWB. I also noticed that a cover shirt will catch against the grip texture at times. Lwt16's picture of his gun with the Talon grips installed got me to thinking of trying a set of Talon grips on my 2.0c, to see if that helps with these minor issues.
    That's interesting because mine groups to the left, as well. I assumed it was me because my duty weapon seems to as well.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

I've found myself recently saying that I was fully settled on HK handguns as my go-to aside from possible Beretta experimentation and having a Glock for the sake of having a Glock, but life appears to have thrown me a curveball and gifted me an M2.0 Compact in return for a $5 raffle ticket.

Reading a bit through the last few pages of this thread, it sounds like this gun should be pretty solid right out of the box. Any accessories I should be considering anyway? In all likelihood, a pair of Trijicon HD or Wilson Combat sights will find their way to this gun, but since the Apex kit no longer appears mandatory, I'm not sure what else if anything I should be adding (aside from a spot in my X300U rotations and a threaded barrel down the line). Also, any technical issues I should be aware of other than the backstrap issue?

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I've found myself recently saying that I was fully settled on HK handguns as my go-to aside from possible Beretta experimentation and having a Glock for the sake of having a Glock, but life appears to have thrown me a curveball and gifted me an M2.0 Compact in return for a $5 raffle ticket.

Reading a bit through the last few pages of this thread, it sounds like this gun should be pretty solid right out of the box. Any accessories I should be considering anyway? In all likelihood, a pair of Trijicon HD or Wilson Combat sights will find their way to this gun, but since the Apex kit no longer appears mandatory, I'm not sure what else if anything I should be adding (aside from a spot in my X300U rotations and a threaded barrel down the line). Also, any technical issues I should be aware of other than the backstrap issue?
    I felt like the trigger was too light for a carry gun on mine so I ordered a heavier trigger return spring for mine from APEX the other day. Other than that and sights I think it's good to go.

User Tag List