Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does S&W offer LE pricing like Glock does via the Blue Label?
    I am not aware if they do (am not LE) but might point out that they tend to be priced lower in general.

Does S&W offer LE pricing like Glock does via the Blue Label?

?
    They do, you’ll have to determine who are the authorized LE dealers in your area

Just call the dealer/distributor for your state. I linked a list of S&W LE dealers.
    "U.S. Law Enforcement Distributors | Smith & Wesson" https://www.smith-wesson.com/law-enforcement-distributors

I edited my post to add....when I bought my compacts and full size M2.0 guns I just purchased them retail because at the time retail prices were significantly cheaper than the LE prices. For instance my LE dealer for TN is Bud's Gun Shop and they were selling M2.0 Compacts super cheap a few years ago and the LE gun prices weren't subject to the same sale price so they were significant more. That might be different in current times.
    Last edited by MD7305; 05-16-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Have any of you compared a full size vs the compact in actual shootig?
    I’m issued a full size 2.0 and I own a Compact 2.0. I shoot the full size better than the compact when put on a timer. But not by much. And not enough to matter in a realistic sense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Just call the dealer/distributor for your state. I linked a list of S&W LE dealers.
    "U.S. Law Enforcement Distributors | Smith & Wesson" https://www.smith-wesson.com/law-enforcement-distributors

I edited my post to add....when I bought my compacts and full size M2.0 guns I just purchased them retail because at the time retail prices were significantly cheaper than the LE prices. For instance my LE dealer for TN is Bud's Gun Shop and they were selling M2.0 Compacts super cheap a few years ago and the LE gun prices weren't subject to the same sale price so they were significant more. That might be different in current times.

First thank you to all who responded.

This makes more sense to me now. These are the kind of deals I was finding and I thought I might be doing the LE pricing thing wrong. It may be discounted, but nothing like blue label discounts as far as I can tell.

Have even thought about a long slide version but I think you can only get one of those with a TS in flat dark earth, not black.

Even a full size and sub compact would be a pretty good duo.

I just bought a M&P 2.0 Compact 4" to replace my Glock Gen 3 G30S. I didn't want to have to rebuild a Glock Gen5 G19 just to make it work right, so the M&P seemed like a no brainer. I got the M&P for $470. plus tax out the door from a local gun shop.

The 2.0 Compact 4", looks good, feels good in the hand, and the trigger is worlds better than the serrated stock Glock triggers the G30S 45 ACP came with, that ate my trigger finger up.

I had to add a smooth trigger, a Ghost Connector, a Tango Down Vickers extended mag release, Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release, Ameriglo Cap Night Sights, and a Grip Force 123 backstrap to the G30S just make it shoot-able for me.

I'm ordering some XS DXT2 Big Dot Yellows for the M&P, and a Frank Proctor SS Guide rod and spring. Leaving the trigger stock as it is for now, until I get a few hundred rounds down the barrel. The only negative is that slide stop/release is a ridiculous mother bear.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    I just bought a M&P 2.0 Compact 4" to replace my Glock Gen 3 G30S. I didn't want to have to rebuild a Glock Gen5 G19 just to make it work right, so the M&P seemed like a no brainer. I got the M&P for $470. plus tax out the door from a local gun shop.

The 2.0 Compact 4", looks good, feels good in the hand, and the trigger is worlds better than the serrated stock Glock triggers the G30S 45 ACP came with, that ate my trigger finger up.

I had to add a smooth trigger, a Ghost Connector, a Tango Down Vickers extended mag release, Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release, Ameriglo Cap Night Sights, and a Grip Force 123 backstrap to the G30S just make it shoot-able for me.

I'm ordering some XS DXT2 Big Dot Yellows for the M&P, and a Frank Proctor SS Guide rod and spring. Leaving the trigger stock as it is for now, until I get a few hundred rounds down the barrel. The only negative is that slide stop/release is a ridiculous mother bear.
    Current Gen 5's with the breach face cut are the most accurate and reliable Glock has made.

What you describe are things to accommodate how you choose to grip the gun.

I ran a G17 Gen 4 as a duty gun for 8 years. I rarely got slide lock on empty mags because I chose gripping the gun higher for better control at speed over reliable slide lock. The gun itself functioned as designed.

The Ghost Forward slide release made no difference. I have to go to a Kagwerks raised slide release if I want slide lock on a 9/40 Glock. But it's not the gun.

The 2.0 Compact is a good gun but "feels good in the hand" is irrelevant. Feelings lie.

Specifically, IME guns with flat sided grips (1911, Glock, CZ75 etc) track better in recoil when firing multiple shots / at multiple targets. The Feels good grips like the M&P 1,0, VP9 etc tend to squirm and track irregularly. The M&P 2.0 mitigates this with the more aggressive grip texture.

Another "feelings" issue is grip sizing on modular grip guns. I've seen multiple instances with Glocks and SIGs at work where officer picked the grip that "feels good" but when we had them shoot will all grip options, they actually shot better (measured time and accuracy) with a different size grip which didn't "feel" as good.

For more info on "feelings"

https://pistol-training.com/archives/5108
    Last edited by HCM; 07-11-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Current Gen 5's with the breach face cut are the most accurate and reliable Glock has made.

What you describe are things to accommodate how you choose to grip the gun.

I ran a G17 Gen 4 as a duty gun for 8 years. I rarely got slide lock on empty mags because I chose gripping the gun higher for better control at speed over reliable slide lock. The gun itself functioned as designed.

The Ghost Forward slide release made no difference. I have to go to a Kagwerks raised slide release if I want slide lock on a 9/40 Glock. But it's not the gun.

The 2.0 Compact is a good gun but "feels good in the hand" is irrelevant. Feelings lie.

Specifically, IME guns with flat sided grips (1911, Glock, CZ75 etc) track better in recoil when firing multiple shots / at multiple targets. The Feels good grips like the M&P 1,0, VP9 etc tend to squirm and track irregularly. The M&P 2.0 mitigates this with the more aggressive grip texture.

Another "feelings" issue is grip sizing on modular grip guns. I've seen multiple instances with Glocks and SIGs at work where officer picked the grip that "feels good" but when we had them shoot will all grip options, they actually shot better (measured time and accuracy) with a different size grip which didn't "feel" as good.

For more info on "feelings"

https://pistol-training.com/archives/5108

My "feelings" means I can reach and manipulate all the operating control's with shifting my firing grip, when actually firing it. I also tried firing the M&P with each of the supplied backstraps, to find the one that fit my hand and POA best. That's what I mean by "feels good in the hand".

I also don't particularly care which Glock you think is the "most accurate and reliable" ever, as my "feelings and money" go where I want it too, not where you think I should spend it, unless your buying me a Glock.

But thanks for your "feelings" on the matter.....
    Last edited by BobinNC; 07-11-2021 at 04:15 PM.

And I wouldn’t own an M&P without going through it with Apex parts.

Different strokes…

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    And I wouldn’t own an M&P without going through it with Apex parts.

Different strokes…
    And I may do that at some point, but I want to try to work with it mostly OEM. If that doesn't work out Apex will be getting some of my money. Nothing ventured nothing gained....

User Tag List