Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Who tests pistol accuracy from a sandbag at 10 feet?
    velocity was at 10 ft
    Accuracy was at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Looks ammo dependent. I have better accuracy than What They report.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Same here.

Good accuracy with Gold Dot and pretty decent with the WWB JHP stuff. Looks like the gun dislikes Blazer. Is that a surprise?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Good accuracy with Gold Dot and pretty decent with the WWB JHP stuff. Looks like the gun dislikes Blazer. Is that a surprise?

my hks also shot like shit with Blazer. Straight garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Who tests pistol accuracy from a sandbag at 10 feet?
    Lol!

Ran about 150 rounds through my RMR 2.0C, really like it so far. No issues with about 400 rounds through it so far. I realized my WHO shooting is pie plate sized... my SHO is a lot better. Going to do some dot torture next time I am out.

Just picked up a 2.0 Compact locally for $499 and put 150 rounds of 147g/130PF reloads through it. I EDC an M&P 9c with Apex sear and USB, and have over 30K rounds through a 5" Pro with Comp AEK trigger. I also own a Shield and a 40 Pro.

The grip stippling is aggressive, which works great for general shooting without getting uncomfortable after a 150 rounds, but it is very uncomfortable against the skin for carry. The grip is more abrasive than a P30, so sandpaper or undershirts may be in order.

The trigger breaks at 5.2 pounds with a bit of creep. It feels like a Pro model with factory internals. Reset is moderately tactile and audible, but nothing special if that is your thing. The gun screams for a USB to smooth out the take up. Accuracy was on par with all the mid to full size guns I own or have shot. Offhand groups were inside 2 inches at 7 yards and 8 inches at 25 yards with no flyers. It shot about 4 inches high at 25 yards, which is typical for me with most M&Ps with factory sights.

I did a half a dozen FAST to benchmark it against my 9c and 9Pro. Drawing from a Crossbreed Supertuck at 4 oclock from under an untucked tee, I was running 5.5 to 5.8 seconds. This is equal to what I run with my 9c in this carry format, and about a second slower than my best with the 9 Pro in an IDPA vest. Splits were in the .20 to .24 range. The longer grip and slightly beveled magwel in the 2.0 helped the consistency of my reloads a bit. Otherwise, no real performance advantage over the old 9c with respect to accuracy and speed. Incidentally, the 9c with the 15 round mag inserted looks to be the exact same height as the 2.0 Compact. However, with a Henning +3 basepad mounted to the 12 round magazine, the 9c has equal capacity to the 2.0 with a slightly shorter height.

The slide does not auto-forward on my 2.0. The slide stop/release was stiff at first, but it broke in quickly and became very useable; typical of all my M&Ps.

Overall, the 2.0 Compact is a good addition to the family, but it won't be replacing the old 9c as my EDC. For me, it is much less comfortable and concealable than the old 9c, while providing no clear advantage in accuracy or speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

All I have ever shot was blazer and never had an issue with malfunctions. Always worked on my accuracy because it was horrible. Shot some Federal American Eagle today and it was like night and day. Better accuracy and a lot cleaner to shoot. Will be switching for sure.

12 days of Christmas occuring with apex... fuck my wallet

Per request...

User Tag List