Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LionHeart Vulcan Optic Ready

LionHeart Vulcan Optic Ready

15+1 9mm. Based on the Daewoo DP-51 "DA+" AKA Triple Action. Fairly slim. And now optic ready with RMSc footprint (EPS) and standard height irons. I'm intrigued.

https://lionheartindustries.com/vulcan-9-shadow/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    15+1 9mm. Based on the Daewoo DP-51 "DA+" AKA Triple Action. Fairly slim. And now optic ready with RMSc footprint (EPS) and standard height irons. I'm intrigued.

https://lionheartindustries.com/vulcan-9-shadow/
    I dig my Daewoo…

Name:  B8CD44FB-F6C9-42BE-B700-A93DDAFBA7C4.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  57.0 KB

I’ve got Lionheart G10s on mine—though they’re a previous iteration of what’s offered now. Obviously it’s not in the same league as fully pimped out Vulcan, but I really like the way it shoots. The gun has a nice solid feel. Kinda like a slightly more refined Smith 3rd gen.

The DA+ definitely works. I kinda roll through it like an actual DA that’s just… super light. Seems to work.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Wow, I had no idea this existed. I had 2 of what, if I remember correctly, were called Daewoo K5s back in the day. The triple action system was really interesting and the guns ran great, but obviously they had no aftermarket support or cutting-edge features.

If this runs, and I suspect that they will, I’ll probably buy a couple. Thinner than a CZ Shadow 2 compact and a tad lighter. I was a little surprised at the MSRP though, seems slightly high to me.

It's cool, but the Vulcan to Glock cost ratio is out of whack.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I've had two Lionheart pistols from various iterations of the company, and both of them were super solid shooters. Accurate, reliable, etc everything that you'd expect. My problem with the LH was always "what is this doing for me that a Beretta 92 Compact doesn't do?"

Are those decockers, safeties, or both at the rear of the frame?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Are those decockers, safeties, or both at the rear of the frame?
    If it’s like the old Daewoos, it is just a safety. Also, it should be noted that the safety can take some time to get used to since it is reverse of a 1911

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I dig my Daewoo…
    I’ve got Lionheart G10s on mine—though they’re a previous iteration of what’s offered now. Obviously it’s not in the same league as fully pimped out Vulcan, but I really like the way it shoots. The gun has a nice solid feel. Kinda like a slightly more refined Smith 3rd gen.

The DA+ definitely works. I kinda roll through it like an actual DA that’s just… super light. Seems to work.
    That's good to hear--although the S&W comparison isn't a selling point for me. Mine were among the shittiest guns I've owned. Unreliable and bizarrely complicated internally. Is the Daewoo a better engineered design that justifies a $1700 pricetag? It is reliable? Easy to service?

I really like the DA+ action. I was one place away from winning an early version of that gun at a match and had the chance to fondle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    If it’s like the old Daewoos, it is just a safety. Also, it should be noted that the safety can take some time to get used to since it is reverse of a 1911
    My thought was you don't use the safety at all.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's good to hear--although the S&W comparison isn't a selling point for me. Mine were among the shittiest guns I've owned. Unreliable and bizarrely complicated internally. Is the Daewoo a better engineered design that justifies a $1700 pricetag? It is reliable? Easy to service?

I really like the DA+ action. I was one place away from winning an early version of that gun at a match and had the chance to fondle it.
    Honestly, I think Lionheart is out of their mind with pricing. I mean, maybe with all the added features... it's "worth" a high price... but, I don't know who's gonna pay $1600 - 1700 for a brand they've (more than likely) never heard of. Even if the gun is excellent. Maybe their strategy is to get the guns into the hands of high-level/deep-pocketed shooters and let word of mouth proliferate, until they can offer a more basic option at a more approachable price? All that said... they sold out of their initial production run. So, I guess people are buying them.

I feel like they need a "basic" option in their lineup, soon. Something with basic sights, fewer slide cuts, a non-titanium-nitride barrel. Something that's $700 - $800 and caters to the "I just want a nice-shooting, premium-feeling metal gun" crowd. That's kinda me. Not everyone is a competitive shooter. Seems like they could use a consumer segmentation, too.

If the Vulcan is anything like the Daewoo, it definitely has the "essence" of an old-school Smith. But the fit and finish, overall, seems nicer. And I'd venture to say the Vulcan is a cut above the OG Daewoo. They will run 59XX mags, though. At least the Daewoos and earlier Lionhearts did.

I think a big differentiator for these guns is form factor. They're smaller, thinner and (maybe) a bit handier than competitive options--including a very short trigger reach (which I love, personally). Plus, they offer a bit of that "old school gun" feel that we lost with the Smiths.

And... I think the DA+ is a good system that really does mitigate the heavy initial pull of a TDA system. Mine groups well when I'm shooting strings in DA+.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 03-07-2024 at 12:34 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List