Page 55 of 113 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rif4trbo View Post
    That failed barrel lug has a big inclusion in it. You can see it in the broken off small piece. And beach marks where it broke around it. Just bad luck
    I would never make that statement without the parts. I say this as an engineer who has had the job of dealing with customer rejects/defects on diesel fuel injector components (finely finished, tight tolerance, and very good steels). More often than not, the facts established after reviewing the parts with a stereoscope or third party testing do not match the initial SWAG made from the pictures. You have no idea how many people with grubby hands handled those two pieces and were shocked! that they fit back together.

Have you guys noticed any weird wear on the trigger bar or gouges in the slide by the firing pin block? I have heard reports from people at my local range having issues. I guess smith is saying its in "spec" and they shouldn't worry. I know the same issue happened on a lot of 1.0s as well.

Site Supporter
    Picked up a S&W M&P 2.0 9mm Compact yesterday. No thumb safety. I carry a early model M&P Gen 1 FS 9mm that I currently EDC but goal is to make this 2.0 Compact my EDC. Took it to range today - beautiful day and several of my shooting buddies were there. The 2.0 Compact shot well and has a very nice stock trigger. Multiple Glock 19.5s there for comparison. I think the M&P 2.0 Compact is a solid alternative to the G19 and all my shooting buddies like it. I am going to add Dawson sights (target rear/FO front) and an APEX DAECK kit tomorrow - will keep the hinged trigger for now.

We at blessed to have so many solid choices right now. Our group today was shooting G19.5, G17.5, SIG 320, M&P 1.0 and 2.0, and 1911 (9mm). Lots of 9mm downrange and no issues with any of the assortment of pistols.

I used mine in a John Farnam Vehicle Tactics class two weekends ago. Very happy with the function, and accuracy out to 50+ yards. I need to check my log but I’m either just under or just over 2000 rounds through it with nary an issue.

civiliandefender.com

Slight Lane Veeer

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

I used mine in a John Farnam Vehicle Tactics class two weekends ago. Very happy with the function, and accuracy out to 50+ yards. I need to check my log but I’m either just under or just over 2000 rounds through it with nary an issue.

civiliandefender.com
    Sherman gotta say that pic. reminds me of some classes that my partner (M Pipes) & I have taken down in Nac. w/ Paul over the yrs. Substitute Paul for John, then Mike & I for you & the other student & yeah you got the picture.

Sorry for the veer, just an older cat reminiscing from yrs. past, carry on.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 02-24-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: posting fubar

I haven't read every page but other than the one broken barrel lug have there been any reported significant issues? Is the accuracy remaining consistently decent?

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I haven't read every page but other than the one broken barrel lug have there been any reported significant issues? Is the accuracy remaining consistently decent?
    Of the pair I have, the accuracy is as good as any other SF pistol I have used.

civiliandefender.com

Site Supporter
    Update on my M&P 2.0 Compact. I went to my shooting partner who is a high volume M&P shooter and my M&P gunsmith (Talon Tactical owner) this morning. I had an APEX DCAEK kit for a Gen 1 M&P 45 and that fits a Gen 2 M&P 9mm. We replaced the OEM 3 dot sights with a set of Dawson target sights - black rear and red fiber optic front. While replacing the rear sight, we replaced the OEM striker block with the APEX Ultimate striker block and spring. When we removed the OEM striker block, we removed a small piece of plastic debris that was in the striker block channel - no idea where it came from but could not do any good in there. Trigger pull was 5.5 lbs with just the APEX striker block and spring replacement and noticeably smoother (maybe because the piece of debris was gone?). We then replaced the OEM sear with the APEX sear - we left all the factory springs in place. Reassembled the M&P 2.0 Compact and the trigger was 4.25 lbs with the APEX DCAEK striker block and spring plus the APEX sear. I kept the OEM hinged trigger. Trigger "feels" much better.

I went to the range and fired about 100 rounds of my 9mm reloads through the M&P 2.0 Compact with the new Dawson sights and the APEX DCAEK kit - I was very pleased. I will put some more rounds through it and get a IWB holster and it will be my EDC.
    Last edited by ranger; 02-25-2018 at 05:11 PM.

How was the Farnam class Sherman?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    How was the Farnam class Sherman?
    It was great! I wrote an extensive AAR on my essay site. I don’t like to post links to my site unsolicited here, as I find that quite gauche. But since you asked:

https://civiliandefender.com/2018/02...h-john-farnam/

civiliandefender.com

User Tag List