Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Does anybody know the difference between M&P 2.0 Compact magazines part #3000247 and #3008590 ?

I see both part #'s listed on various retail websites. Both listed as S&W factory 15 round magazines. Smith currently doesn't list a 15 round magazine on their website that I can find.

I wonder if they changed/updated the 15 round magazine design slightly?

Site Supporter
    3000247 is the full size 17 round mag neutered to hold 15 rounds. 3008590 is the correct 15 round 2.0 compact magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    3000247 is the full size 17 round mag neutered to hold 15 rounds. 3008590 is the correct 15 round 2.0 compact magazine.
    I am so glad I asked. Thank you, Sir!

Just curious...many people stick with this platform?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Yup. Still have seven of them and plan to get a few more when the escalated prices come back down.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Yes. One each so far in 9 and 40. I plan on eventually acquiring spares.

Besides my issued guns, I’m at 3 COREs, a 2.0 compact, and I have another CORE on order as well as a 2.0 slide to play lego with certain configurations.

My carry gun right now is a 2.0 CORE slide with RMR (RM06) on the compact frame with a Floyd’s mag well.

I’m a big fan of the 2.0 but I will say it’s a whole different gun with a well-fit Apex barrel.

For those who have shot them all, how does the recoil of the 2.0 Compact 4" model compare to the 4.25" and 5"? @SoCalDep @NickDrak

I'm switching to 9mm M&Ps from 9mm Glocks because my kid can shoot my old Gen 1 M&P Compact much better than a G19 or P365xl. The trigger reach seems too long on standard Glocks and the XL is enough snappier to be less fun for any volume of shooting. Her hands are never going to get much larger, so I guess it makes sense to just standardize on M&Ps moving forward.

I've already got a 2.0 compact on order for $409 shipped from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore to replace my G19. They have 15rd mags for $28 and free shipping if you purchase them with a gun. It came out to $550 for the pistol and 6 mags, shipped. Not too bad. They also have 2.0 5" guns with night sights for $450 shipped, and a search on Gun Deals shows 2.0 4.25" guns going for under $400 shipped elsewhere. CORE models are also available in larger sizes for not unreasonable prices.

I'm wondering if the longer guns shoot noticeably softer enough to warrant consideration for daughter's training gun over a 2.0 compact model? It'd be nice to completely standardize on a single model across the board, but my old 1.0 Compact (now subcompact), two or three 2.0 compacts, and a single 5" training gun may make a better roster if the 5" shoots like a total dream for the kid.

What do you think? Is the 5" a different animal to shoot for a small person? Would a 1.0 4.25" CORE feel softer shooting than the 2.0 Compact?

You reminded me... I forgot that I also have a 5” tan 2.0... Awesome gun!!!

As for recoil. I don’t notice a significant difference between the three. The Compact is only .25” shorter than the full size and they use the same frame dimensions so I can’t really tell a difference. The 5” doesn’t seem to recoil less - as much as differently- seems a hair flatter in it’s recoil impulse.

I have experimented with a 13lb and 15lb recoil spring in one of my 4.25” COREs - the 13 gives a really nice snappy flat recoil, but with the SRO in my non SRO holster (there is a bit of movement in the frame since the SRO bottoms out on the ALS shelf) it pushed the slide out of battery on the draw. With the 15 it snaps back into battery as it comes out of the holster... the 15 feels maybe a bit better than factory but not enough to matter unless you’re a nerd like me and want to try things because you can.

The answer to that question is very subjective it is probably going to vary from person to person based upon hand size handshape grip etcetera. At one point I swap slides around between my compact and full-size framed m&ps. Throughout the different variations I did notice a difference between the 4.25 and the 4-inch slide. The 4-inch slide was noticeably snappier and seem to cycle faster. The 4.25 inch slide seem to shoot softer and cycle more gently. This was the case whether I had a given slide on the full size frame the compact frame or the compact frame with a 17 round magazine extension. There was no measurable performance difference though. for my m&p needs I would just get the 4.0 compact and use the magazine extensionif I wanted a little more grip and control. I really do find it very useful and natural and can only tell a difference between that in the full size when I'm really looking hard. All of this of course is an opinion; your mileage may vary

User Tag List