Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Site Supporter

M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

So apparently S&W is releasing the M&P 2.0 Compact. Unlike the original M&P Compact, this is supposed to be a 15 round, Glock 19 sized gun.

My understanding was this was developed as S&W's entry for the FBI and DHS/ICE pistol trials.

Name:  IMG_1518.jpg
Views: 14306
Size:  56.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Probably gonna end up with a pair of these. I've said for year's i'd buy it if the made it. Need's CTC grips.

I tend to carry AIWB, and the manual safety variant looks very tempting for that application.

Can't help wondering what the accuracy at extended ranges is going to be like.

HCM, please forgive my 63 yr old vision, but I can't read the item # for the 9mm version without thumb safety. Can you make it out?

So is there a new magazine for this one? Aren't M&P compact mags 12 (in 9mm)?

If these are accurate, a thumb safety model would be attractive for AIWB.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

OK, glad I had not yet pounced on a 2.0 just for the hell of it. This looks very nice...

If they would have rolled this out with the 2.0 I wouldn't be shooting a Gen5 19.

Another factor in Smith being attractive is the recent warranty service they rendered on my Shield 9.

I was an early adopter, and they upgraded me to the 2.0 trigger.

If they can maintain that level of service and support, this one is in the running.

Good on them if it is actually Glock 19 sized.........

User Tag List