Page 44 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Same with the 1.0, I thought for sure Apex or 10-8 would be making one by now...
    I actually bought some cheap 1911 low shelf safeties from Brownells with the intention of welding or brazing them onto the existing lever stub after cutting off the lever but haven't had time to jig it up and figure out the variables. It's going to be a PITA and I can get by OK as it is just not as ideally located as it could be.

I wondered if Ernest Langdon being a taller dude had anything to do with the location of the lever. Kind of figured a guy with much bigger hands/longer fingers would think it was placed OK. In my limited experiences the smaller/shorter a person's fingers are the harder it is to ride so kind of WAG'd that the opposite would be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    I actually bought some cheap 1911 low shelf safeties from Brownells with the intention of welding or brazing them onto the existing lever stub
    I wondered if the lever could somehow be separated from the bar and inverted and flipped over to the opposite side(s). Just a pipe dream probably.

Just touched one of these for the first time today. thumb safety was very positive, grip was amazing, and the trigger felt perfectly serviceable. I may pick one up.

How is everyone liking theirs? I have still be kicking myself for not grabbing the one I fondled at the store the other day in my home state..

*I* shoot my Apexed triggered 2.0c noticably better than my Gen 5 G19 with most types of ammo. Mine really likes the 147 gr HST ammo. I would not have known this without buying and shooting the pistol. Recoil and muzzle flip are pretty much a draw. I like the grip treatment better on my 2.0 than my Gen 5 G19, as it really locks your hand into the grip for recoil control, where for me the glocks can become a little slick with sweat, etc.. For some people the 2.0's grip texture might be a little on the aggressive side when carrying IWB. While the M&P is pretty easy to work on, the Glock wins in that area, but in reality once my pistols are set up the way I prefer them, I literally never have to change anything on them other than the RSA's. Both pistols are well supported by the aftermarket, holsters, sights, triggers, etc. and hopefully pretty soon we will be able to get some extra factory OEM spare parts ( striker assy's, RSA's, trigger springs, etc.) for both pistols. I think at this point in time there are plenty of reliable, durable and accurate enough 9mm pistols, whether they be striker fired or DA/SA types to choose from and the decisions you make tactically with what is between your ears will save your ass way before the brand of pistol in your hand.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-26-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    *I* shoot my Apexed triggered 2.0c noticably better than my Gen 5 G19 with most types of ammo. Mine really likes the 147 gr HST ammo. I would not have known this without buying and shooting the pistol. Recoil and muzzle flip are pretty much a draw. I like the grip treatment better on my 2.0 than my Gen 5 G19, as it really locks your hand into the grip for recoil control, where for me the glocks can become a little slick with sweat, etc.. For some people the 2.0's grip texture might be a little on the aggressive side when carrying IWB. While the M&P is pretty easy to work on, the Glock wins in that area, but in reality once my pistols are set up the way I prefer them, I literally never have to change anything on them other than the RSA's. Both pistols are well supported by the aftermarket, holsters, sights, triggers, etc. and hopefully pretty soon we will be able to get some extra factory OEM spare parts ( striker assy's, RSA's, trigger springs, etc.) for both pistols. I think at this point in time there are plenty of reliable, durable and accurate enough 9mm pistols, whether they be striker fired or DA/SA types to choose from and the decisions you make tactically with what is between your ears will save your ass way before the brand of pistol in your hand.
    Did you shoot the M&P better than the G19 before you installed the Apex trigger?

Site Supporter
    A single sided thumb safety, that was just a tad lower on the frame and consistently positive, would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Did you shoot the M&P better than the G19 before you installed the Apex trigger?
    I can't speak for him, but our 2.0 is just the way it came, and it most certainly outshot the gen. 5 17 and 19 that I shot. I bought the 2.0 for my wife, but now I want one for myself. The only modification her pistol will get/need is aftermarket night sights. We had about nine of the original M&P's and I ended up dumping all of them for accuracy and dead trigger issues. I grew to detest them and switched to a Glock right in the middle of a pistol class due to accuracy issues. I carry an older gen. 3 Glock 17 for now, and I would never have given the M&P another chance, but my wife really likes the ergonomics of the platform, so I bought her one just to make her happy. It is the pistol the originals should have been. I shot the best 25 yard group with her stock M&P 9 that I've ever fired with a centerfire semiauto.

I think there are now a number of platforms that are excellent, and though we still have five Glocks on hand, I no longer consider them the best, just one of many fine pistols we have to choose from. i dumped my 19's for another pistol I shoot better than them. My G 17 isn't going anywhere, but if I can find an M&P that shoots like hers, my trusty old G17 will get put back in the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    A single sided thumb safety, that was just a tad lower on the frame and consistently positive, would be perfect
    Yes, and more 1911 like in placement.

User Tag List