Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    FD, your handling of your loss, several years ago, was inspirational to me.
    Well, all I can promise you is things will someday be better than they were before, just gotta push through it.

Having an intact family and starting over completely with respect to our earthly material possessions only leads you to an understanding of how totally unimportant and replaceable every single material possession we have actually is....and that understanding sticks. It makes the rest of life a lot easier.

You guys are in our prayers.

Indeed, I am sorry for your loss.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers, along with Hizzie, Default.mp3, Paul Gardner, Jeff Lester and other firearms friends. I hope that all will eventually come back to normalcy for you all, and everyone emerges stronger.

Rex, please let us know if there's anything you need or anything we can do to help you.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The FFL I work with told me about an interesting transfer customer. She's the widow of a retired HPD officer. He was collecting GP100s before he passed, and asked her to complete the collection. She recently had the last one transferred in, and now allegedly has one of every spec GP100 ever made. Apparently, she also shoots well. Anyone you know?

I've thought many times of having a carbon steel revolver melonited. Better than stainless corrosion resistance. Maybe that would be an interesting direction to go when refinishing the 19.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Melonite seems like a good finish for any hard use blue steel revolver. I have been thinking about that myself.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Dang. Sorry to read about the 19-5 and the SAA. I bet the 19-5 could be refinished and be just fine. My first thought is Robar NP3+ internals as that stuff is really corrosion resistant. The rest of the gun could be done in NP3+ or with IonBond if you want a black finish. If grey is okay, NP3+ is worth the coin.

I like Melonite on carbon steel, but the process runs at temperatures high enough that dimensional changes can be an issue. John Harrison did two guns for me that were finished in Melonite (an SA Pro and a SA Mil-Spec) and both needed extensive fitting after the finish was applied.

Enjoy the GP-100.

Odd, pics of this new GP100 aren't loading for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List