Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a med kit if you don't already have one...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    To clarify my point, CPR and hemorrhage control are not mutually exclusive at all. You should be prepared to administer both if you carry medical supplies around. Ultimately you have to assess your patient and address problems by priority. I just want to underline that CPR is functionally as close to we get to "in the field life support," and that dismal outcomes are reflective the severity of the patient's condition and not usually a failure of provider or technique.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Bringing this back up because North American Rescue has a screaming deal on a basic medical kit available until May 1.

https://www.narescue.com/national-st...ng-control-kit

CAT Gen 7 TQ, flat-packed 4" ETD bandage, gloves, 3" x 4 yd QuikClot gauze, and instructions to go with it all. Not as tacticool as some of us would like, but more than sufficient to have kicking around in the trunk or glove compartment in case of emergency.
    Out of curiosity, what's the "normal" price for this?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the "normal" price for this?

I could be wrong, but at one point I believe I remember seeing (or reading) somewhere that it was $77. The QuikClot and the TQ alone would be about $70, in looking a the regular prices on their site.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Site Supporter
    Is that NAR stop the bleed kit a good/recommended one?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Is that NAR stop the bleed kit a good/recommended one?
    Interested, too. It looks like it has good/standard/accepted stuff in it.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I believe I saw Chuck Haggard or some other PF respected instructor mentioning the recommending this kit at the price. Based on the limited experience I have in buying med gear, the price is seems to be pretty good for just the TQ + hemostatic gauze alone, plus you get the extra gauze, instruction card and gloves.

If you have a flexible spending account you can probably get this covered as well, which adds to the savings.

ETA - buying from NAR also avoids problem of fakes that can show up on some sites such as Amazon.
    Last edited by scw2; 04-13-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I believe I saw Chuck Haggard or some other PF respected instructor mentioning the recommending this kit at the price. Based on the limited experience I have in buying med gear, the price is seems to be pretty good for just the TQ + hemostatic gauze alone, plus you get the extra gauze, instruction card and gloves.

If you have a flexible spending account you can probably get this covered as well, which adds to the savings.

ETA - buying from NAR also avoids problem of fakes that can show up on some sites such as Amazon.
    Oooh, good one! I forgot about using medical flexible spending for first-aid supplies.

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I just ordered 4. My thought is my car, wife's car, kitchen, and dad bag.

I just ordered one plus some more chest seals. NAR offers free shipping for orders over $50 but shipping is over $10 for just the med kit ($49.99) so adding some more supplies becomes pretty cost effective.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Just ordered two.

User Tag List