Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a med kit if you don't already have one...

Excellent job MSparks!
    You acted, that's huge! You had the knowledge and had the skills and you had the gear. Good on you from an old Corpsman and current ER RN.

I personally carry 2 TQ's and an Emergency Bandage in my right hip pocket, plus have a BOK in my range bag and one in each vehicle. While 13-15 minutes is a decent response time, it's an eternity to the injured.

Every public range should have readily available trauma kits... it's a minor investment on their part. I also wish more people would attend one of the frequently offered "Stop the Bleed" classes offered all over the country.
    Even better is one of the excellent classes offered within the firearms training community. But as I teach TQ application and wound control to our hospital staff I'm biased on that topic.
    We've had 13 "saves" by TQ application in my ER thus far. Even better would to have had someone with the wherewithal like you apply them in the field.

Thank you MSparks! Well done!

SOLID piece of work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I also wish more people would attend one of the frequently offered "Stop the Bleed" classes offered all over the country.
    I can second the Stop the Bleed classes. I used it as a quick refresher and to get my wife some basic training. I found it to be a fairly quick and efficient class with a lecture and some practice on ourselves, a partner, and some dummies. It's also an easier sell than a full blown tactical/emergency medicine class for someone that isn't as invested in this stuff as those of us on PF may be.

Also, great work there M!

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I can second the Stop the Bleed classes. I used it as a quick refresher and to get my wife some basic training. I found it to be a fairly quick and efficient class with a lecture and some practice on ourselves, a partner, and some dummies. It's also an easier sell than a full blown tactical/emergency medicine class for someone that isn't as invested in this stuff as those of us on PF may be.

Also, great work there M!
    I’m gonna start teaching the Stop the Bleed program for our community outreach program at work. I’m hoping it gets a lot of interest.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I also wish more people would attend one of the frequently offered "Stop the Bleed" classes offered all over the country.
    I have a hard time finding one in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I have a hard time finding one in my area.
    Contact your local LE, fire, EMS, or emergency management agencies and demand to know why they aren't offering such proactive, empowering, and lifesaving public education.

(Church that up a bit.)
    Last edited by ST911; 11-28-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

FWIW, this thread made me actually register for a bleeding control basics class offered in my area. I'll be taking it next week. I'm also going to finally buy a kit from Dark Angel medical. Both things I've probably should have done sooner.

Amazing job, and greetings from Athens, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    FWIW, this thread made me actually register for a bleeding control basics class offered in my area. I'll be taking it next week. I'm also going to finally buy a kit from Dark Angel medical. Both things I've probably should have done sooner.
    Excellent job MSparks!

Just a FYI, but Dark Angel Medical is having a 20% off sale on all medical kits until December 1st. I have been wearing a Ryker Nylon Gear AFAK every time I go to the range or during a class with a larger kit always inside my car. I have been really focused on medical training recently and signing up for a Dark Angel Medical Class in 2019.

User Tag List