Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling tonneau cover for pickup

Rolling tonneau cover for pickup

Who has one? What do you have? Do you like it? What dog you like? What don't you like?

Looking specifically for rolling covers, not folding or fixed, and not camper shells.

I had one of these on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab: http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/revolver_x2 It was ok, until the rivets holding the logos on began to rust, and the velcro began to peel off the underside of the cover. The velcro are the two black areas shown on the cover as it is partially rolled up. I no longer own the Tacoma.

Site Supporter
    I have the revolverx2 also on a Ram 1500 and I gave my son one for his F150 for Christmas. The one of the Ram is now about 2 years old - it still works well but it is not aging well. As sated by ewayte - the Velcro on the bottom is peeling off and in general the cover is fading. It is a great idea, works well, but does not age well.

Following with interest. I've got multiple friends with roll-n-lock covers (seems everyone and their dog has one around here), but I haven't convinced myself to pay for one.

Can't say I do - or don't - recommend one from direct experience, but since I referenced a product... http://rollnlock.com/
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 09-06-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Not rolling, but I have this folding cover on my Tacoma and love it!

http://www.leer.com/Trilogy-X2T
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm liking the look of these.
    http://www.truckcoversusa.com/
    Only an 8x8 can
    Has a toolbox top accessory
    Can support a light load
    Takes racks for a heavier load.

Years ago, when I first saw one, I read reports about the "tambor/roll top desk style" rolling tops, going out of alignment and sticking. I am wondering if that issue was solved or do they still have that issue?

As for what dog I like, well I have never adopted another one, since mine passed years ago. (work too much to do that to one)

I use a Truxedo Lo Pro. It's a vinyl cover. It's pretty sturdy. A locking tail gate will prevent you from being able unlatch it to roll up. It's sturdy because it has held the weight of 6 inches of snow. It does leak rain into the bed, but keeps it mostly dry. I don't store anything valuable in the bed.

Do those roll-lock style covers seal out rain? It looks like they'd just gutter it into the bed.

I had a vinyl tonneau cover on a Chevy pick-up for a long time. The old school, roll it by hand type and it worked well, both in weather proofing the bed and storing open. I kept a broom stick in the bed to make rolling it up easier. It did shrink a bit after a few years but just shortening the bows a bit solved that.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 09-07-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

None of the rolling covers that I'm aware of claim 100% waterproof. Hell, even my old camper shell cover wasn't! What they do is gutter and hose the water from the top and the can to drain holes to get it out of the bed. Key is to keep your dry stuff up off the floor. For me, the lack of 100% dry doesn't matter.

User Tag List