Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma 2017

Site Supporter

Hurricane Irma 2017

Disregard - ND on Tapatalk
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 09-12-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Prior to losing power Sunday, I heard of at least two people falling from ladders hanging plywood. One of which died, not sure about the other.

Hurricane Irma 2017

Glad to hear so many are safe.

No power sucks big time. BTDT.

There is nothing, I mean nothing, like the sound of voltage hitting your breaker box as the power returns.

Good luck all. Hope your power is restored soon.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-12-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Can't really get around other areas of PF, so when PFestivus starts, someone bitch about hurricane Irma and Florida for me please. .
    I've got you covered on bitching. After the tease on Monday afternoon the guys came back late and turned on the juice. They say they'll have the entire east coast up by Sunday. IN two days they've done about 70% of the Treasure Coast. Morning news said gas is coming in to Tampa and Port of Miami. Our demand here should drop off with more power on.

After baking for two days I fucked off yesterday. Went to Publix and while a lot of things were limited or missing it was still good. There was a police standoff in my neighborhood. Eight cruisers and a rescue. Probably some poor bastard snapped from hurricane stress and heat. Totally understandable.

Today is yard day: cutting up trees and stuff that got taken out.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

A house in my neighborhood "exploded" night before last. I drove past it on my way home and it is a total loss. It's said to have had something to do with a generator.
    http://cbs12.com/news/local/overnigh...urns-home-boat

A coworker reports that his sister had 15' flames shooting out of the top of hers.

Be careful out there guys.

Still no power. Latest projected update is Sunday at noon. Sucks. Most of my area is without power. Fuel stations are full, no power. The stations with power a half hour away are always out of fuel. One local station got fuel today and ran a generator for pumps.
    That was the case here after Sandy. There was a big push to get every station here be required to have a generator. That doesn't seem to have happened.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    A house in my neighborhood "exploded" night before last. I drove past it on my way home and it is a total loss. It's said to have had something to do with a generator.
    http://cbs12.com/news/local/overnigh...urns-home-boat

A coworker reports that his sister had 15' flames shooting out of the top of hers.

Be careful out there guys.
    Sorry to hear that, I'm just down the road from you in Abacoa!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Still no power. Latest projected update is Sunday at noon. Sucks. Most of my area is without power. Fuel stations are full, no power. The stations with power a half hour away are always out of fuel. One local station got fuel today and ran a generator for pumps. Line was huge, multiple wrecks, cops, and fire trucks. What a disaster. Every house in my area has a generator going, but we're all low on fuel. Gave my neighbor 5 gallons tonight for a generator they bought today. Local Ace got 200 Generac 5500's, sold out immediately. Glad people got some generators, but it only adds to the fuel issue.

Im only running one of my Honda's at a time, trying to conserve. Running fridge off and on, and fans for kids taking naps. It's hot as balls in my house right now, even though it feels good outside. Work is still without power, but they'll probably get it back before us. Oh, and I smell like hell not showering since Saturday and working around the house and neighborhood getting people squared away.

Two doors down is a firefighter, they've been working him like a dog. On shift at the firehouse, then goes to local hospital to help when not on at station. Had a good conversation with him today. His wife and young son (4) are doing well, but scared because he's gone a lot. Been looking after them as well. It's a good neighborhood.

Cell network is super jammed up. Texts are hard to get in and out. Can only sneak onto the net during super slow times, like now, but still have trouble accessing websites. Takes me a couple tries to get on PF, and I keep this thread window open and eventually get a chance to post. Can't really get around other areas of PF, so when PFestivus starts, someone bitch about hurricane Irma and Florida for me please. .

In the end, my family is safe, and the same for my friends and those around me. That's all that matters. Hope Rob made it home ok, and all the other PF dudes as well. Glad to hear Cory's place was GTG.

Sorry for length, It was a data dump and I'm bored out back guarding my generator while it's running. Thanks for reading my novel. Hope all are well.
    Hang in there. We have gas issues too, but fortunately have power. Our cell network is screwed as well. Almost no service, making hard to keep comms with other family in the area.

Baby wipes make not showering a little more bearable if you have them. Praying for yall.

A real benefit is that my wife is also on board with my crazy prep ideas. Because hey, im not crazy. Thats going to be beneficial in the future as we get ourselfs ready for this crap to inevitably happen again.

-Cory

You're only crazy until you're proven right. Then you're not crazy, and everyone wants on your band wagon. See that thread about who you will you let in when SHTF.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

TECO is telling us power by Sunday night. I'll believe that when I see it, we still have 6 down poles about a half mile from my house and I have yet to see a TECO truck in auburndale.

Wife has to work and luckily day care is open in Orlando so the kids have something to do other than watch me work in the yard. I'm catching up on my honey do list. Finally got the bushes pulled up that died in the drought. Yes, I'm that neighbor.

I think my son left the fridge open last night while we were sleeping. Woke up to that smell. Now it is all cleaned out and looks brand new.

I don't mind the power outage so much. I know I'll definitely need a battery powered radio on hand. We're still waffling on a generator for future use. No money for that kind of expense right now. Maybe more battery powered fans.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

User Tag List