Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCM mid-length Carbines

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    no offense but what are you running on your rails where it is this big of concern? I say that as someone who doesn't plan on buying keymod again.
    Sling and light mostly. My main concern with keymod is ripping out sling attachments. I've seen one rip out of a KMR. I currently have two keymod rails (on a BCM and a Noveske) and plan to replace both with comparable MLOK rails. If only to eliminate having another drawer full of another type of gun related crap (in this case keymod) out in my garage.

The fact BCM has relented and announced an MLOK rail shows the writing on the wall.

If you are talking about laser zeros that is more a function of the strength and stiffness of the rail itself and something better mounted on a 1913 rail. A Geissele will be more stable than a KMR regardless.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-04-2017 at 11:35 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A Geissele will be more stable than a KMR regardless.
    Curious what your reasons for thinking this are. I will be using BCM "MMR" for any new installations when the parts become available. I have fully bought into the BCM rail mounting system, clamping across the gas tube channel at the top and having the part the clamps the round nut being an uninterrupted straight tension wrap. I'm not currently aware of any reason to think it's not the best available.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 09-06-2017 at 08:21 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Curious what your reasons for thinking this are. I will be using BCM "MMR" for any new installations when the parts become available. I have fully bought into the BCM rail mounting system, clamping across the gas tube channel at the top and having the part the clamps the round nut being an uninterrupted straight tension wrap. I'm not currently aware of any reason to think it's not the best available.
    In terms of a laser, it's not BCM's mounting system, it is the rail itself. I can flex my KMR - I can't flex my Mk 4.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-06-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    First look at BCM's MLOK KMR courtesy of Stickman:

Name:  IMG_1527.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  41.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    First look at BCM's MLOK KMR courtesy of Stickman:
    BCM also has some pics of the MMR on their website. Looks nice.

BCM mid-length Carbines

What I'm hoping to see after the MMR release is one of those wicked good sales BCM has offered in the past where you got a free BCG with the purchase of an upper. If they decide to bring that back, an 11.5" upper is in my future for a pistol build I'm brainstorming.

To return this to the original topic, I use a 14.5" mid length ELW-F upper with 13" KMR as my patrol rifle. I love it. It balances really well with an Aimpoint PRO on it. I'm running an H2 buffer with a Sprinco blue spring and have not had any issues. This upper really sold me on light weight barrels/handguards. I haven't shot a carbine gas system AR since getting out of the military a few years ago so I actually can't remember what the recoil felt like in comparison to my mid length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 09-10-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What I'm hoping to see after the MMR release is one of those wicked good sales BCM has offered in the past where you got a free BCG with the purchase of an upper. If they decide to bring that back, an 11.5" upper is in my future for a pistol build I'm brainstorming.

To return this to the original topic, I use a 14.5" mid length ELW-F upper with 13" KMR as my patrol rifle. I love it. It balances really well with an Aimpoint PRO on it. I'm running an H2 buffer with a Sprinco blue spring and have not had any issues. This upper really sold me on light weight barrels/handguards. I haven't shot a carbine gas system AR since getting out of the military a few years ago so I actually can't remember what the recoil felt like in comparison to my mid length.
    A BCM 14.5 middy with an H buffer and Battlecomp feels like a 22 magnum to me. Not that a M4 Carbine has any significant recoil, but shot side by side they feel like they're shooting entirely different calibers.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Looks like the same attachment method... theoretically u could just swap out your kmr for this rail..

Looks like the same attachment method... theoretically u could just swap out your kmr for this rail..
    Pretty sure that has been confirmed by someone in the know on m4carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Pretty sure that has been confirmed by someone in the know on m4carbine.
    I'm not really sold on Mlok vs keymod other than the latter appears to be the Betamax and the former appears to be the VHS. I have one upper with a keymod KMR (the early ones made of unicorn horns) that I'll probably swap out.

Truthfully though, if they also do a full-picatinny version that swaps outnjust as easily and has built in qd sockets front and rear, I'll go that route and bag on all this Brazilian silliness altogether.
    Last edited by rob_s; 09-10-2017 at 12:37 PM.

User Tag List