Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM mid-length Carbines

BCM mid-length Carbines

Just looked through my notes and decided it was time to clean my training carbine. It is a bcm midlength upper 16" on a colt lower, only change to the lower has been a ALG ACT trigger. Looking through my notes the gun is at 3800 rounds, with the last 2800 being uncleaned. I also annotated when I added lube, which was only twice. Once after shooting with SLG when I experienced my only stoppage (round failing to chamber when it was extremely cold and a determine bad magazine) and once before my last range trip down in OKC. This gun has been extremely accurate, reliable, and shootable. Just thought I would share the performance and outstanding reliability of this carbine. Now I am off to scrub carbine and have flash backs of trying to turn my M4 in at the armory to go on libbo.

I've gotten outstanding service from my Colt 6920 and BCM middy. BCM is a great company and Paul is a stand up guy. Hopefully you shitcanned the bad mag.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of BCM 16" middies too. I finally broke down and bought a BCM lower to put it on;

I have 2 BCM mid uppers but no BCM lowers. One is on a Bushmaster lower from back during the ban days and the other is on one of the complete lowers Ruger is selling these days. The Ruger lower is a very nice fit for the upper and actually has a pretty nice trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I've gotten outstanding service from my Colt 6920 and BCM middy. BCM is a great company and Paul is a stand up guy. Hopefully you shitcanned the bad mag.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Immediately. Surprisingly it was one of the bcm black mags with a magpul follower.

I have a BCM KMR 16 ELW-F. It's the original magnesium/unicorn blood handguard, on a BCM factory lower. Great gun, I love it.

Runs any ammo I've ever tried, from 77 grain OTM, to lots of cheap steel cased Wolf 55 grain, and everything in between. I do the majority of my shooting in the winter, when the water behind my house freezes and turns into a 200 meter ice range in my backyard. Below zero temps are normal and I've had it out in -20 F ambient temps with howling wind and blowing snow.

It just straight up runs good. I've yet to experience any type of stoppage or malfunction, even while shooting steel Wolf in those harsh conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I have a BCM KMR 16 ELW-F. It's the original magnesium/unicorn blood handguard, on a BCM factory lower. Great gun, I love it.

Runs any ammo I've ever tried, from 77 grain OTM, to lots of cheap steel cased Wolf 55 grain, and everything in between. I do the majority of my shooting in the winter, when the water behind my house freezes and turns into a 200 meter ice range in my backyard. Below zero temps are normal and I've had it out in -20 F ambient temps with howling wind and blowing snow.

It just straight up runs good. I've yet to experience any type of stoppage or malfunction, even while shooting steel Wolf in those harsh conditions.
    Last week I ordered the same upper but with the aluminum Alpha model rail.

It'll be my second BCM middy.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Last week I ordered the same upper but with the aluminum Alpha model rail.

It'll be my second BCM middy.
    When is BCM coming out with the MLOK Allpha rail ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    When is BCM coming out with the MLOK Allpha rail ?
    Not sure. I would have rather bought an MLOK rail myself but I'm not really tied to either platform, and they didn't have any other MLOK rails that I would want (like a Geissele or MI).

Sad panda.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-04-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Not sure. I would have rather bought an MLOK rail myself but I'm not really tied to either platform, and they didn't have any other MLOK rails that I would want (like a Geissele or MI).

Sad panda.
    Thats how I am. I only run a sling mount on my kmr rail so the added strength really doesn't do anything for me

User Tag List