Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do recent events cause you to reconsider the "safety" of your EDC

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    On me, the squared back of the slide is the part that prints the most AIWB, so it's good to read that the HK slide might alleviate that (it's still individual body dependent).

The thing I imagine I would have to work on with an LEM P30 is to avoid 'shortstroking' the trigger on the second shot. I'm so used to 1911s and Glocks and that short reset that it would take some work to get good with the LEM but, then again, working with a long stroke and long return might help with my marksmanship and trigger control in general.

Sorry for the thread drift, and to get back to the topic at hand, we've had some solid guns, safety-wise, for a long time and it seems we (in this forum) either never left them or are going back to them. If anything needs to be reconsidered it's the ease with which we go for new gun designs.
    hardest part of shooting a lem is turning off your ego when shooting around others with a timer.

I don't know if I reconsidered my carry choice, but I definitely reevaluated it.

Still good with the Glock 34 and 43.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Sig 320, Canik, Enel's mallet, and our forum's deep dive into how various pistol safety systems work, have given me a lot to think about when evaluating carry guns. You too?
    Yep...throw in the Cameon Eisenzimmer incident...

I'm preparing to go full TDA or LEM.

Rushing in to a new, from scratch, platform to be a beta tester isn't going to happen. Only thoroughly tested platforms are allowed for me and mine.

Even then all it takes is some manufacturing goofs to turn something that was proven into a life-altering liability. No thanks. So I'm looking at platforms that have some layers of protection in them.

Glock is a proven platform now...what happens if their tabbed safety has a screw up because they outsourced it (or some other root cause)?

The downside? I'm just gonna have to get over the DA hump.
    Last edited by fixer; 09-04-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Just reaffirms notions that I already held. While I truly enjoy shooting and owning TDAs, for me, the single largest benefit I perceive with a TDA gun is the ability to thumb the hammer while re-holstering AIWB. When I go to the range, I'm live firing out of my appendix rigs. When I do local ZSA matches, I run them in my carry gear and clothes. I'll easily draw and re-holster 50-100 times each range trip. Thumbing the back of the slide is second nature now and is a major comfort provider for me.

I don't point guns at people for a living and while I truly appreciate, agree with and often tout the benefits of the first long DA shot, that is secondary in importance to my specific carry requirements. I carry TDAs probably 80% of the time, but I also own a lot of Glock support gear and holsters. Glocks (when equipped with a SCD) are the only striker fired guns I will own and occasionally carry.
    Shoot more, post less...

No change for me, classic SIG DA/SA or S&W revolver. The only striker pistol I have been currently considering has been the VP9, now that's out so a P2000 LEM seems the way to go. I handled a P320 in the shop a few years ago and I found it cheap feeling, an immediate turn off. I was disappointed that the 320 was chosen over the Glock and I don't own a Glock either but I respect their track record.

I am carrying a px4cc. So I have not changed. But that is do to having a drop safe weapon. It has made me poke around and see about my p-10c though. I like having a tabbed trigger. It also makes me think of the xd series and the hated grip safety.

It is something more people should be aware of or pay attention to. I do not care how good you think you are. SHIT HAPPENS. Also how many train other people on there weapons? So what about the beginner whose hands you put it in? Are they never going to drop it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't buy a 320, so no change. I was already digging the PX4CC before all this. Also, the VP9 does not discharge when dropped so I'm not selling.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Do trigger jobs on DA/SA guns impact their safety features like things like that effect glocks?

I'm still running my P320 and will send them in to be repaired once afforded the opportunity.

Nope, nothing changed, no cause for re-evaluation either.

User Tag List