Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kettlebells

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My eldest son is an advanced KB user (incl Turkish get ups with 100-125 lb bells) and he concurs with Norville's pic and wonders how I got to my technique. LOL

My recent playing around with each rack position suggests to me that the Pavel form requires greater exertion than the one I demo'd. That could be a disadvantage of mine. The goal isn't easier.
    Your son is a stud.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Four months later and still doing it, five days a week. Still only 35 lbs., but doing more reps, faster reps, and less rest.
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Four months later and still doing it, five days a week. Still only 35 lbs., but doing more reps, faster reps, and less rest.
    What people coming from a barbell background think of as a disadvantage (fixed weights/no micro increments in load) is one of the advantages of the kettlebell, and actually the way a lot of OG barbell guys trained: bar, quarters (25 lbs.), and plates (45 lbs.). You did the one weight until you could do the next, no little plates. It forces a bigger base in rep ranges, which can assist hypertrophy, enable better secondary tissue adaptation (less tendon/ligament injuries), and at least a little helps conditioning/cardiovascular performance.

That's weight scholar talk for you're doing right. Good job. 🏋️*♂️🏋️*♂️🏋️*♂️
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

This. ^^^

Duces
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

I love kettlebells.

If you guys have Instagram I would suggest giving user zrawkirch a follow. Absolute monster of a human

User Tag List