Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Trooper 6920

Hammertime
    Well...there is one less available.

I'm checking gun.deals for best pricing. Anyone dealt with Guns Midwest, Cheap Guns Online, Four Winds Technology, or Centerfire Guns?

I may be clicking on the wrong buttons, but it looks like the price has jumped $300 to $1,050.00 for this rifle.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I may be clicking on the wrong buttons, but it looks like the price has jumped $300 to $1,050.00 for this rifle.

There is a very similar model called the CCU in that price range- primary differences being a standard Centurion rail with QD sockets and a mid length gas system.

That is a swinging deal.

Hmmmm.... Need new snow tires and 500 gallons of Propane.

But it's still a hell of a price.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Dang I bought a standard 6920 and a ARX-100 this deployment for 699 and and 845 respectively then a geissele rail for me and the wife's FN. I would love this but I have a lot of ARs.

Well I decided to pick one up. Price was too good to ignore. This will actually be my first Colt AR. Gonna set this one up as a general purpose rifle. Pretty simple list of add-ons planned...everything I need and nothing I don't. Grand total for the rifle and all of the accessories below is around $1,500. Not too bad considering some of my other ARs by themselves with no accessories were north of $1,500.

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x/Aero Precision Ultralight SPR mount
    Magpul MBUS Pro backup sights
    WOTG Proctor Sling
    WOTG Proctor Light Mount/Surefire G2X Tactical
    ALG ACT trigger
    BCM Mod 1 pistol grip/BCM stock
    H2 buffer
    Shoot more, post less...

Colt Trooper 6920

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Well I decided to pick one up. Price was too good to ignore. This will actually be my first Colt AR. Gonna set this one up as a general purpose rifle. Pretty simple list of add-ons planned...everything I need and nothing I don't. Grand total for the rifle and all of the accessories below is around $1,500. Not too bad considering some of my other ARs by themselves with no accessories were north of $1,500.

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x/Aero Precision Ultralight SPR mount
    Magpul MBUS Pro backup sights
    WOTG Proctor Sling
    WOTG Proctor Light Mount/Surefire G2X Tactical
    ALG ACT trigger
    BCM Mod 1 pistol grip/BCM stock
    H2 buffer
    Great sounding set up.

I have a similar set up with a Colt 6920 with centurion fsb rail and a nightforce 1-4.

ETA: Why are you using a Aero fixed scope mount with the magpul pro sights? For a little more you can pick up a Midwest Industries, American Defense, or Larue quick detachable mount. Or even 86 the pro sights and save money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 10-04-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Great sounding set up.

I have a similar set up with a Colt 6920 with centurion fsb rail and a nightforce 1-4.

ETA: Why are you using a Aero fixed scope mount with the magpul pro sights? For a little more you can pick up a Midwest Industries, American Defense, or Larue quick detachable mount. Or even 86 the pro sights and save money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two reasons: Weight and price. While I like QD mounts for their ease of removal, I don't like the extra weight. To me, 4-5 extra ounces is noticeable when mounted on top of an AR. Same reason I don't like variable scopes over 20 ounces...and I really prefer them to be around 16-18 oz. I might be picky but there it is. I also keep a torx wrench in my pistol grip so it takes me ~20-30 seconds to ditch the scope as opposed to ~3 with a QD mount. I'll save the $100, 4-5 ounces and a minor increase in removal time with the Aero mount.

And the Pro's are currently my favorite low profile backup sights. Have another pair on my DD/Eotech QD combo and love them. Low profile, positive detents and I really like the aperture setup.
    Shoot more, post less...

What's pretty crazy to me about the current deals on ARs, and this Colt in particular, is that I could buy three of these 6920 Troopers for less than what my Knight's SR-15 Mod 2 cost me...that's sobering. I like my SR-15 and appreciate the small details that differentiate it from standard mil-spec and other quality ARs but at the same time...that's a tough pill to swallow. And I don't think the SR-15 is 3x the gun this Trooper will be either. Even with my current setup plans, I could buy the gun, all the accessories and 2,000 rounds of Wolf Gold .223 for less than what my SR-15 cost. Interesting food for thought.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List