Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Colt Trooper 6920

I’m picking mine up from my FFL on Sunday. I asked him to inspect it for any obvious QC issues after reading a few reports of problems online. He said the handguard wobbles because the bolts attaching it to the barrel nut aren’t fully tightened. I figure that’s something I can fix myself. Is there a certain torque spec for those bolts or can I just put some blue loctite on them and tighten them by feel? I haven’t handled a centurion rail in person so I’m not familiar with it’s mounting mechanism.

On a related note I picked up a set of Magpul MBUS from a member so my rifle will be ready to shoot as soon as I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Digging my Trooper so far. Second one is stil new in box; will be a while before I set that one up. Growing quite fond of Trooper #1 with the Vortex 1-8. Great combo. Shot it some today. Cycled Tula/Wolf/Federal .223 pressure ammo with a H2 buffer. If it'll run cheap Rusky steel cased ammo with a H2 it'll run everything. I usually shoot Wolf Gold .223 (Taiwanese 5.56 spec ammo) but it's nice to know my rifle will still run cheap ammo if necessary.

Might add a muzzle device and an extended charging handle to aid in manipulation but other than that I've been very pleased with the rifle. Great budget friendly option. My rifle with all of the accessories and optics is still less $ than a base DDM4 V7. That's awesome.
    Shoot more, post less...

Picked mine up today. I was not expecting it to be so lightweight. That came as a pleasant surprise. The rifle balances really well. I built a 16” midlength government profile AR at the start of the year and it is noticeably heavier than the Tooper. I used a 15” ALG EMR V3 rail which is probably where the added weight comes from.

I mounted my MBUS and I’ll try to pick up a pistol grip, stock, and sling for cheap around Black Friday. Last year had some great deals. I scored a Magpul MOE SL stock for $30. I’m still bouncing around optics ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List