Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Trooper 6920

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Grabagun has these for $707.28 shipped: https://grabagun.com/colt-firearms-t...5-56mm-16.html

I want one. I have absolutely no need for it. I already have two ARs that I barely shoot anyway since what time I do find to shoot, I use for my handgun. And yet, I'm looking at a Colt 6920 with a free float MLock rail for $700. I don't need it and I don't think I should buy it, but I think I'll kick myself if I decide not to when the market corrects itself and all the just-in-case-Clinton-won inventory is sold off.

Help me Pistol-Forum, you're my only hope. I'm not sure if I want your help taking me into a purchase or out of one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep these thoughts to yourself as they are contagious.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Keep these thoughts to yourself as they are contagious.
    Nope. I owe you guys for the two PX4CC pistols and the 1301 I now own. Now your bank accounts will feel the pain of my bank account.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Seriously, I have a couple of personal ARs already, and issued Mk18 and MP5, don't NEED that rifle at all. But, at that price, I'm having a really hard time keeping my wallet in my pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post

Help me Pistol-Forum, you're my only hope. I'm not sure if I want your help taking me into a purchase or out of one though.

I'll try and talk you out of it.

Get an oem2 for $650 instead!
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/098289020253

You don't need the furniture for its intended use (which is ensuring you don't kick yourself in two years), and you can get whatever rail/stock/grip is ideal for you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    I'll try and talk you out of it.

Get an oem2 for $650 instead!
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/098289020253

You don't need the furniture for its intended use (which is ensuring you don't kick yourself in two years), and you can get whatever rail/stock/grip is ideal for you later.
    Extra $75 for the Centurion MLOK is the most appealing part of the package.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I wish they would have just gone with regular MLOK Centurion rail instead of this unique version. I get why they didn't, but I can't imagine this new handguard actually saves them more than $25-50.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wish they would have just gone with regular MLOK Centurion rail instead of this unique version. I get why they didn't, but I can't imagine this new handguard actually saves them more than $25-50.
    Seeing how people buy Colt rifles and part them out constantly, maybe Centurion didn't want their premier rail being flipped on the part-out market for dirt cheap?

I don't disagree, unless you really want a different rail for some reason. And if the rifle is just going to sit in the back of a safe anyway you could save some money and swing the purchase vs not getting anything.

Mainly, I'm just glad we are having a discussion between buying a 6920 eom for $650, vs a 6920 with a free float rail for $700. Did not see that coming last year.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Speculating here but Colt released a rifle called the "Trooper" at the same time TX DPS is testing replacements for their current issue Bushhampsters. If you are bidding on a contract for a few thousand rifles that $25 to $50 adds up.

I replaced mine with a CMR that uses the MLOK barrel nut that I had in the parts bin. There's a difference in barrel nuts between the first generations of CMR rail and the newer keymod and MLOK. The CMR-OEM rail uses the standard MLOK barrel nut but deletes the center screw, instead it uses a plate sandwiched between the two sides of the rail. The plate has a nub which engages the groove in the barrel nut, preventing it from slipping off. The whole time I was making the switch I couldn't help but think how much cheaper the one extra screw would have been versus how they changed it.

User Tag List