Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Colt Trooper 6920

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m probably going to use a BCM Gunfighter Mod3 pistol grip, either a Magpul MOE SL stock or the BCM Gunfighter SOPMOD stock, and a VCAS sling. Sighting system wise, I haven’t decided if I’m going to put a Primary Arms Advanced MicroDot through its paces or try out a LPVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I'm setting up mine very similarly. Have a BCM stock, Mod 1 grip and an ALG ACT. Is this your only AR or do you have others? LPV's really transform these rifles. And you can get a good quality one without spending an arm and a leg. They're not as fast as a RDS inside 25Y, but IMO they are so much more useful. Its point/shoot/hit out to 500 on B/C steel without much difficulty. RDS are great if you never shoot past 100Y.

You guys are as bad as girls discussing their prom outfits.

I am thinking the Steiner 1-4 on one of. One and maybe the 3.0 Eo on the other.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a Steiner 1-5 on my SR-15. Bad ass scope. The 1-4 should be great as well. Throwing the Primary Arms Micro RDS on my 2nd Trooper...but that'll be a while. Gonna try to get everything on sale on Cyber Monday. Gun fund is out for a while!
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I'm setting up mine very similarly. Have a BCM stock, Mod 1 grip and an ALG ACT. Is this your only AR or do you have others? LPV's really transform these rifles. And you can get a good quality one without spending an arm and a leg. They're not as fast as a RDS inside 25Y, but IMO they are so much more useful. Its point/shoot/hit out to 500 on B/C steel without much difficulty. RDS are great if you never shoot past 100Y.
    I have two other ARs so getting this one set up isn't an urgent priority. I've never actually messed around with a LPVO before so that's the direction I'm leaning. I have experience with red dots, fixed power magnified optics like the ACOG, and a small amount of experience with optics in the 3-10x range. Both of my other rifles have red dots on them. I also have a Larue BMT trigger just sitting there, looking for a home, so that might be going into the Trooper as well. It might be good to pair it with a LPVO.

I don't think I'll ever be able to justify the purchase of a top tier LPVO like the Kahles, Swarovski, or Leupold Mk6. The Nightforce NXS 1-4 looks nice but even $1300 is too much for something that will likely only be a range toy. I can get decent prices on the Steiner P4Xi and the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 so I'll likely end up with one of those.

For anyone still on the fence Guns Midwest just uploaded a few more of these to their website. $689 and in stock...everywhere else is pretty much $950+

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/098289020604.html
    Shoot more, post less...

I broke down and ordered one from Guns Midwest last night after seeing your post. Thanks.

I didn’t really need it, but for the price I couldn’t pass it up.

I have a set of BUIS and my preferred choice of stock and pistol grip laying around. Even have a Aimpoint T-1 sitting in the safe. Everything I need but the gun.

Although I might buy one the Steiner 1-4’s to try out on this gun.

And that didn’t last long.... Guns Midwest is now showing out of stock.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Current dregs of deals I can find (shipped prices):

LE6920-OEM2 $655.98

Colt LE6920-R Trooper $744.98

Colt LE6920 Magpul Mexico Marked 5.56 NATO (has the benefit of coming with a rear sight) $689.99

LE6920-OEM1 $697.73
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-21-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

400 through the Trooper so far. 100 Federal .223 and 300 Federal XM193. Swapped in a H2 buffer before shooting the XM193 and it ran 100%. I need to put some Wolf .223 through it to see if it will lock back on empty with the H2. Pretty soft recoil impulse for a carbine gas AR. Colt has these gassed correctly. Ran several drills back to back and had to break out the gloves by the second magazine. Handguard gets hot quickly! For the money I'm extremely happy so far. Hope to have ~1,000-1,500 through it by Thanksgiving if not sooner.

Attachment 21062

Attachment 21063
    Shoot more, post less...

Can someone who owns one of these put the upper on a scale please?

Hammertime
    Entire rifle: 6lbs 3oz

Upper: 4lbs 1oz

User Tag List