Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get started

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Very tempting
    I would strongly suggest you try and shoot a match with that Pepperoni guy, if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I would strongly suggest you try and shoot a match with that Pepperoni guy, if at all possible.
    I know maybe he can show me how to shoot this px4cc I have

He may or may not not know a bit about Berettas.

Site Supporter
    Doooo it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lots of good advice, I can only add one thing. The only way to get started is to get started. The saddest words of a would-be competitor are "I have to practice to get good enough to enter a match." closely followed by "I need to buy a better gun to enter the match." Wrong. If you can be safe and follow instructions, you need to be out there this weekend.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    That's the truth. I have had folks say they need to go to the square range to just shoot more rounds with their crappy stance and trigger control. I could see someone saying they want to take a nice pistol handling class first but self-practice is like you know what before the marital bed for practice. Yes, there are videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Lots of good advice, I can only add one thing. The only way to get started is to get started. The saddest words of a would-be competitor are "I have to practice to get good enough to enter a match." closely followed by "I need to buy a better gun to enter the match." Wrong. If you can be safe and follow instructions, you need to be out there this weekend.
    I wish I could like this more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I wish I could like this more than once.
    You can - just like and unlike and like and unlike and like over and over. End it with a like. The total likes shown on the post itself will still only be one from you (assuming your last button press was like and not unlike), but the poster will receive an email for each time you liked their post, and their total like count will still go up each time you press like. There is nothing like twenty email notifications of liking to tell your buddy that they had a good post. Here, I'll show you.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    You can - just like and unlike and like and unlike and like over and over. End it with a like. The total likes shown on the post itself will still only be one from you (assuming your last button press was like and not unlike), but the poster will receive an email for each time you liked their post, and their total like count will still go up each time you press like. There is nothing like twenty email notifications of liking to tell your buddy that they had a good post. Here, I'll show you.
    LOL

So now for the dumb question of the month.

I practice weekly, using reloads. 115gr FMJ RN. While my reloads are consistently reliable I'm not sure I should be shooting them in a match. I also don't think I should shoot Federal Hyda Shok Tactical either. So what should I shoot?

BTW I got an email from Denver Defense in Denver NC yesterday saying they were starting USPCA matches on Monday nights. While it's not close to me , it's not that far away either so here's my opportunity I guess.

I appreciate all of the info you guys have provided.
    David

User Tag List