Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK Customer Service Win

HK Customer Service Win

I've been looking for low-profile slide release levers for my H&K P2000. They are readily available at an online specialty store that shall remain nameless. The price is almost $80, plus shipping. That seems incredibly high.

So I called HK USA, and was informed they were out of stock. Then the CS rep went online and checked the same online specialty retailer that I had previously checked. He almost choked when he saw the price. Long story short, he "found' a set of the levers within HK's inventory and sold them to me for $23, plus shipping.

I know HK has a tarnished reputation for customer service. But I'm just some dude, just a random customer, and HK took really good care of me. I'm impressed.

Every interaction I've had with HK in the last 5 years has been exceptional. The days of "You suck and we hate you" appear to be over, at least from CS on this side of the pond.

I shudder every time I hear someone went to the nameless online retailer and paid their VERY jacked up prices. I swear, you could probably charge them with price gouging if you were ordering from TX right now...

In the recent past, (about 4 years ago) I had a excellant experience with HK's CS, they fixed an issue I was having with a HK45ct that I had converted to LEM, long story short, it cost me nothing, and the turn around time was about 48 hours.. As in I sent it to them,(overnight, on their dime) and within 48 hrs it was fixed, and back in my hands. As far as buying parts, HK USA, is always going to be much,much, cheaper than that well known other place.
    Last edited by ralph; 08-30-2017 at 08:46 PM.

I sent them a slide and Trijicon sights for installation. They received it on Wednesday and I had it back by Tuesday. A+.

I bought a HK45 with a threaded barrel two years ago but it didn't have a thread protector. I checked the other place and it was going to be over $20.00 for a thread protector. I thought that was a little spendy so I called HK. They said the same part was $5.00 but they were out of stock. The rep then asked for the guns serial number and asked if I purchased it new. I gave the SN and answered that it was a new gun. He told me it should have come with a thread protector. Since it didn't, there was no charge! I got my new thread protector in a couple of weeks when they got more in stock!

HK crap customer service is a 20 years ago plus problem. In the last ten years, HK has been about the best out there for customer service.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Can anyone tell us the name of this online retailer that gouges? I'm sure a lot of us would like to know whom to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I've been looking for low-profile slide release levers for my H&K P2000. They are readily available at an online specialty store that shall remain nameless. The price is almost $80, plus shipping. That seems incredibly high.
    Brownells is another good source for HK parts at reasonable prices but I am not seeing the slim levers on there. We should all put a request in to them to start carrying them.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    HK crap customer service is a 20 years ago plus problem. In the last ten years, HK has been about the best out there for customer service.
    This. You have a problem, give them a call and they'll take care of you. Link runs a tight ship there at HK and he's a hell of a nice guy.

I'm glad to hear that others have also had excellent customer service from HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Can anyone tell us the name of this online retailer that gouges? I'm sure a lot of us would like to know whom to avoid.
    I'd rather not publicly name the store, since they carry an impressive selection of HK parts, and I respect their commitment to maintaining that inventory. The intent of my original post was to recognize HK USA for superior customer service. If you haven't a clue who we're talking about, google "HK" and "parts". You'll be able to make an educated guess based on the search engine results.

User Tag List