Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FNX 9mm Kaboom

UPDATE: Well, FN determined that ammunition was to blame (no surprise there) and, ultimately, returned the damaged FNX to us. They would not allow the customer to pay for the FNX to be repaired as the kaboom compromised the weapon, but they did offer to sell him a new one for $452. While this is an n of 1 situation, it is my first experience with FN customer service and I am very surprised. But at least they returned the "unsafe" pistol, right?

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    UPDATE: Well, FN determined that ammunition was to blame (no surprise there) and, ultimately, returned the damaged FNX to us. They would not allow the customer to pay for the FNX to be repaired as the kaboom compromised the weapon, but they did offer to sell him a new one for $452. While this is an n of 1 situation, it is my first experience with FN customer service and I am very surprised. But at least they returned the "unsafe" pistol, right?
    Surprised how?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    I'd also bet on a reload. If you look at the side wall, you can see striations from where it was resized. The marks are just above the blowout and 1/4 of the way down from the mouth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Surprised how?
    Exactly, it's not their property.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Surprised how?
    That they would allow a "compromised" pistol back out into the wild. EDIT TO ADD: My previous post did not mention that the pistol is still functional as-is, but has no safe or decock capability - apologies for that.
    Last edited by echo5charlie; 10-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Like JV said it's not their property they cant just keep it.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I’d be pissed if they didn’t return it. The customer would need it to go after the ammo “company”, if there is one. If it’s his reloads, he could at least recoup some of his loss by stripping it down and selling off non damaged parts, or just replacing the parts that need replaced to make it 100%.
    Last edited by Lon; 10-11-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

This wasn’t surprise over FN returning a customers property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

User Tag List