Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil military equipment in police hands results in citizen death....

Evil military equipment in police hands results in citizen death....

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/king-co...-night-vision/

Enumclaw, WA – King County deputies were able to escape being ambushed after responding to a report of a domestic disturbance, thanks to one deputy’s night vision goggles.

The incident occurred on Tuesday morning, August 29, about 4 AM, at a residence on SE 472nd Street, according to KOMO News. Deputies responded to the home, and upon arrival ‘heard a noise and saw a light go on and off’ in the back of the house.

One deputy, who was not identified, was wearing night vision goggles and saw a man trying to sneak up on them. He could see that the man had a rifle, and had it pointed at the deputies.

The deputy made the other deputies aware, and they commanded the man to drop the rifle several times but he refused. One deputy, also unidentified, shot the man, who was seriously injured.

Cindi West, spokeswoman for the King County Sheriff’s Office, said that the deputy is an 18-year veteran of the agency, and “is a well-respected senior deputy.”

The suspect was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and is expected to survive. His name was not released but he is believed to be 39-years-old.

The female victim of the domestic disturbance and two children were able to get out of the house safely. She suffered a back injury and a leg injury during the disturbance, prior to the deputies’ arrival.

None of the King County deputies were hurt. The investigation is ongoing.

Night vision goggles are extremely useful to police officers, but often cost-prohibitive to most agencies. They take existing ambient life, whether it’s starlight, moonlight, or infra-red light, through the lens, making objects visible which would not be able to be seen with the naked eye.

Often agencies will apply for grants just to have one or two pairs for their officers to share.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Oh man. Cato Institute and their flock have been filling their Facebook feed with screeds against domestic LE having mil grade gear (meaninglessly vague term just as they use it).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I didn't realize that it was such a rarity as we had access to it, (especially on SRT), from the middle / late 80's onward. Of course the fed outfits generally had deeper pockets and could acquire the equipment or even borrow from the military as required.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Oh man. Cato Institute and their flock have been filling their Facebook feed with screeds against domestic LE having mil grade gear (meaninglessly vague term just as they use it).
    I fail to see the controversy in equipping LE with suitable NVG type kit, and the requisite training to go along with its proper utilization....

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I fail to see the controversy in equipping LE with suitable NVG type kit, and the requisite training to go along with its proper utilization....
    Apparently, it's better policy (let alone a better news day) if an officer gets shot or they are unable to properly identify a threat before an OIS.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

And what about all those tanks (MRAPs) that are being used for high water rescues in the Houston area and other rescue efforts across the country.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I don't get the outrage by some sectors about LE getting some military surplus stuff. Other than M16s every military surplus item I have seen in LE hands is neutral or defensive in nature with no offensive or weapons being sent to LE agencies. MRAPs, old 113 APCs,HMMWVs and other vehicles, and any safety gear like NVGs,Chemical suits and the like do nothing to harm any citizen in any way. Most items are already available to LE agencies and since both LE and Military are tax payer funded does anyone want surplus equipment just sitting somewhere and rotting? Sure some radical leftists and cop haters may but no one I know with half a reasonable thought wants a field full of MRAPs or wharehouse full of gear just sitting and going to waste.

If I didn't like you so much I'd bludgeon you with brisket for that click bait title.

While occasionally grants fund those purchases, most of our has come from guys own wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    If I didn't like you so much I'd bludgeon you with brisket for that click bait title.

While occasionally grants fund those purchases, most of our has come from guys own wallets.
    When I saw it I guessed he might have read the same Cato Institute complaint I saw that prompted my first post above. Cato author said "studies show!"
    "Military equipment increases LE kills of citizens". So this was such a great segue to a "and your point is?"
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

What I'd do for some dual tube NVG's, and legit IR laser/illuminator, and the rest the fixings. Also some new plates would be nice too, and can someone give us an MRAP and paint it C130 grey like Lockeed Martin did for Marietta Police.

User Tag List