Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Punisher Skull on a Self Defense Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    You mean everyone here doesn't already have My Little Pony stickers on their carry pistols?

Might go better with the jury than a Punisher sticker, though you might get a few odd looks.
    Just make sure no unicorns as they're clearly brandishing weapons...the brutes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Same OP, similar question, similar conclusions - https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...iskull.825665/

Same misconceptions.

About what is good:

This is from a commonly cited article:

March 2007, Page 34 Defending the Self-Defense Case By Lisa J. Steele

Ideally, the client will also have some formal training in the use of deadly force which will allow the client’s teacher to testify about the client’s training in order to show that the client’s actions were subjectively reasonable. If the client has not had any formal training, counsel may still seek an expert to testify about use of force issues. However, the attorney may encounter difficulty showing that the expert’s opinion is relevant if it was not the basis for the client’s subjective decision. The attorney could offer expert testimony to show that the client’s actions were objectively reasonable.
    From Marty Hayes' outfit:

Larry Hickey – From The Three Headed Monster: Defending a Disparity of Force Shooting (from the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network)

“The practice jury said that Larry had too much training
    and he should have known better. So how much we were going to get into [his training] was always very difficult to figure out because it was absolutely important to show Larry as this person that isn’t just out there with a gun and doesn’t know how to handle it.

the prosecutor would have forced their hand at trial. He harped endlessly on the various shooting classes Hickey had completed. … like a broken record, the prosecutor asked each expert and material witness about each class Hickey had completed, what it covered, challenging why a private citizen would need that knowledge… "

I note that the training should emphasize reasonable SD practices. Quotes like "Having a plan to kill everybody in the room" have come up.

I feel so moved to weigh in here for a sec, just to thank the experts who chimed in on this—the attorneys, and the folks with the blue lines above their profile pics. You know who you are, and so do we, as it's not the first time y'all have chimed in with the voice of experience in the middle of a useful thread.

I especially want to thank Mitchell, noting:

Jesus, dude... you dropped some epic long-term strategic knowledge bombs here.

I remained uncharacteristically silent while folowing this thread, because I knew nothing of the subject... at least until good people started piling on the info.

Learning has occurred.

Probably enough that I could go make a convincing ass of myself in a lesser-quality forum, should I desire.

Yeah, let's pin/sticky this one for posterity. Awesome.

Site Supporter
    Yep, this should be a sticky.

I really appreciate all the experienced commentary in this thread. Many thanks for taking so much of your time to discuss the issues here!!!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Couple of years ago, dead guy's family sued the shooter, who received CCW training here in Arizona. She talked about her training in her deposition.
    After that, Plaintiff's attorney seriously thought about suing the CCW teacher. The CCW trainer was giving bad advice, but had no money, or otherwise he would have been brought into the lawsuit.

In that case, training actually hurt the defendants. They had to pay a bunch of money of their own money.

Thank you.

I tried to be informative as well as entertaining.

As for dropping some more...

Think about how you would explain what alterations you made to your car if you were in a fatal accident.

You could easily explain why you chose to have tires that were better than the original equipment manufacturer. It would not be hard to explain why you chose upgraded headlights which better vision at night. Why was the steering and suspension system works over by a professional mechanics to make the car handle that much more smoothly and precisely? Because control while you are on the road is appropriate and eminently reasonable.

Conversely if you are driving a car that is poorly maintained are on tires that are not acceptable for a speed rating for your vehicle then it is not hard to paint you as someone who caused the death of another person through your own disregard of other people's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    As for dropping some more...

Think about how you would explain what alterations you made to your car if you were in a fatal accident.

You could easily explain why you chose to have tires that were better than the original equipment manufacturer. It would not be hard to explain why you chose upgraded headlights which better vision at night. Why was the steering and suspension system works over by a professional mechanics to make the car handle that much more smoothly and precisely? Because control while you are on the road is appropriate and eminently reasonable.

Conversely if you are driving a car that is poorly maintained are on tires that are not acceptable for a speed rating for your vehicle then it is not hard to paint you as someone who caused the death of another person through your own disregard of other people's safety.
    So, I should take my "I can't drive 55" sticker" off my truck"? Show me the case law where a I can't drive 55 sticker was the issue in a conviction for a speed relatated injury/fatal collision.......I have rights��.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    So, I should take my "I can't drive 55" sticker" off my truck"? Show me the case law where a I can't drive 55 sticker was the issue in a conviction for a speed relatated injury/fatal collision.......I have rights��.
    You live in America. You are a tax paying citizen. You have no rights.

User Tag List