Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old School Cool Holster, New Twist Milt Sparks Style!

I really like them. I have been using them for many years. They are thin enough that you can do a proper double action pull with, which is something that a lot of times is not possible with other grip styles, due to being too thick.

That said, grips are very subjective. You can have 5 guys with size XL hands and all 5 will like a different set of grips.

Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot then. She also mentioned the Shooting Stars, any thought or experience on them?
    And by the way, nice chinks. I really like the Half-Dollar concho's.
    Last edited by wvincent; 08-29-2017 at 11:08 PM. Reason: SP and Add

I like those Ropers! The holster isn't bad either.
    Last edited by DamonL; 08-29-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    I called Milt Sparks today and got on the list!!

I have been playing with the holster and worn it a few times and all I can say is that I have never had something this nice before. It reminds me of something out of another era and it is just plain cool as hell!

Site Supporter
    I just received these from Milt Sparks. 1AT holsters for 1911 Governent and commander models in shark skin, straight drop. I can’t wait to try them out. I’m still waiting for the carved holster
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Poconnor; 12-23-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I stopped by the Herretts shop the other day and spoke with the owner Rod Herrett, as I had not spoken with him for a very long time. Rod took over the business from his dad Steve in 1985, who started the business in 1955. I figured I needed to get some grips (or stocks as Herretts calls them) to really show off the leather and the gun. Rod serious hooked me up!

Obviously I am just a shooter/not a photographer and was just using a little instant camera, but is hard not to see the beauty in these:

Troopers:

Ropers:

My pictures really don't do them justice, but when you move in the sunlight, they change colors a bit. It is hard not to smile when you handle the gun/leather/grips combo!

Now I need a fixed blade knife for the belt to complete a rig! I keep thinking it would be pretty badass to pop a Mule Deer this winter using this rig!
    Speaking as a custom woodworker, those stocks have excellent chatoyance. They suit the leatherwork, and vice versa.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I just received these from Milt Sparks. 1AT holsters for 1911 Governent and commander models in shark skin, straight drop. I can’t wait to try them out. I’m still waiting for the carved holster
    Henry, the Happy Hound was a very bad dog AGAIN while I was away elk hunting...

This was a gift from the wife for my Colt Lightweight Commander. Sharkskin version. Apparently someone left the door open, and Henry wandered into the room I keep my holsters, perused the selection, and went "top shelf".

The kids were worried I was going to put a cap in Henry and nobody wanted to tell me that he did it AGAIN!

Henry is now a 2 Striker....

Yesterday I dropped off the holster with one of the co-owners of Milt Sparks (a great excuse to visit and hang out with buddies), after delivering some elk to my dad's house. He said it is repairable. I won't look great, but it will be serviceable.

I haul Henry back elk leg bones, and this is the thanks I get!

Site Supporter
    I finally got my carved Milt Sparks. They are Beautiful
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Milt Sparks is a class act. They hit their wait times (even if it means limiting orders to the first few days of the month etc.), do not charge the card until the order is ready to ship and turn out a consistently quality product.

Both the Sharkskins and the Carved Florals are awesome.

DB
    vcdgrips.com

User Tag List