Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old School Cool Holster, New Twist Milt Sparks Style!

My Al Pendray (master smith) "Wootz" hunter in Kenny Rowe sheath would look perfect alongside one of those holsters.

Name:  PendrayRowe3_001.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  30.8 KB
    Last edited by blues; 02-14-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My Al Pendray (master smith) "Wootz" hunter in Kenny Rowe sheath would look perfect alongside one of those holsters.

Kenny does amazing work... I've got a Riley bowie in one of his sheaths.

http://instagram.com/p/BfNJdCFHuIV/
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 02-15-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Beautiful work!

Recently, I went on-line to confirm that the Rowes were still making sheaths. Hurricane Harvey soaked a box of my sheaths and holsters, so some of my knives will need new sheaths. Plus, some of my blades were shipped with forgettable sheaths, in the first place.

Being a lefty, with K/L/GP100-sized hands*, I sighed when I saw “They will only be for 4" N Frames, and right handed.” Actually, I can shoot DA sixguns with either hand, and carried on the right hip my entire 33-plus-years of LEO-ing, but my right wrist was wrecked by cumulative recoil and muzzle flip, so I now shoot and write with the same hand.

*I carried, and shot, N-Frames in the Eighties, holding them with the improper “h” grip in order to get enough finger on the trigger for a DA stroke. I finally had to stop doing that, by the Nineties.

That is super cool!

That would look very nice on a belt, along with a cartridge loop belt slide.

I've been traveling for work a lot and my 4" 29-2 has been traveling with me. I've only been able to stop off a few times and do some short expeditions up un-named dried up creeks, waddies, etc in the high desert of the Great Basin between work locations and home, but it has been fun taking the 1 or 2 hour "mental health breaks" and strapping on gear and cruising through the scrub-lands looking at the various gems the high desert has to offer if one takes the time to truly stop and truly pay attention.

I finally picked up a new pocket camera too, which I was past due, as my other one was not functioning anymore. Now I can at least share some pics from my wanderings.

Plus a couple friends had sent some of their awesome cast bullets.

One gent, who is a cast bullet SME in every single sense of the word, as well as an incredibly talented handgun hunter (his internet handle is Idaho 1945 on various hunting forums) sent me a good number of his powder coated bullets to T&E. They don't require lube, and have proven to be accurate in virtually everything I have run them through.

They are the red colored hollowpoints shown here.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's funny, I never needed a Model 25 before.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785568693

Probably won't do much for my happiness, though, unless I also get a moving truck.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Good to see you back.

What’s the story on the powder-coated bullets?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    FYI- Milt Sparks is doing a run of carved holsters in black. I put my order in.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Good to see you back.

What’s the story on the powder-coated bullets?

Okie John

Dick, Aka Idaho1945 casts these from molds made by Miha Molds from Slovenia, and from what I understand from the hard core casters they consider them among the finest ever made. Anyways then Dick bakes the powder coating which negates the need for lube. They are not only a lot less messy to load and handle, but they shoot very clean, and virtually everything weight/caliber he has sent has been stellar.

He has some hollowpoints he calls "Maxine Mouths" (Maxine Waters). Big mouthed hollowpoints. Great in .38s/9mms. Various .44s,.45s, even some 475s.

This is a Maxine Mouth .38

Dick is a regular on the Castbullet forum as well as on 24hourcampfire in the handguns section. He is a phenomenal handgun hunter, and regularly takes elk, bear and deer with his various revolvers, using his hand cast bullets.

User Tag List