Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

I didn't like it at first. 12 months later it has replaced my G19 for most time on my belt.

I originally bought it for an ankle piece at work. I liked shooting it but was meh and almost sold it a few times. When Defoor started posting about his 43 adventures I gave mine a second look, about two cases of ammo, and a class. For about two months, every single time I wanted to shoot/dryfire/handle a handgun I forced myself to grab the 43. This worked and although it will never touch the performance of the 19, I like it. With the TLR-6 I like it even more.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Thank you everyone for your very helpful comments.

I'm a civilian now. I conceal carry. Usually its a G19 or G26. Occasionally, when I absolutely must because of potential concealment issues - it'll be an Airweight J-frame. This happens less than 1 time in 20 when carrying. I'm considering the 43 as a replacement for the J-frame. (Reasons: Effectiveness of 'List' 9mm, capacity, speed & ease of reloads) I also wouldnt mind something a little lighter & less bulky for when doing chores around the homestead.

P.S. - any particular S.D. ammo preferences with the 43 ? All bullet weights o.k. ?
    Last edited by SamAdams; 08-28-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Ohh, just to add...the ETS extended mag makes it viable for suit carry as it's slim enough and light enough to hide and still have a reload...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Love my 43. I wear it AIWB under a tucked in shirt 6 long days a week and it's more comfortable than a j-frame and more concealable that a Shield in this role. I shoot it better than the Shield, too. My 26 sits untouched on a shelf since I got my 43. When I'm on my own time and can run an untucked shirt, I choose a 19 AIWB.

I make it a point to put at least 30 rounds through my 43 any time I'm at the range; 2 runs each with a Pearce+1, a TT+1 and a Vickers/Tango Down+2. FWIW, I carry the Pearce in the pistol and a VTD as a spare. I got the TT before the offered extra powered springs, and though I've not had a malf with it, I still don't fully trust it.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 08-28-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Mine serves as a very nice clothes gun, or gym shorts/yard work gun. It's supplanted my snubs in that role since it tolerates sweat and dust better, doesn't rust, and is vastly easier to detail clean.

I'm using Dark Star Gear and Keepers holsters. Two of my mags have extenders, one from Tango Down, the other a Vickers, both work find and create reliable 8 round mags.

I've gel tested 124gr HST, 124gr +p Gold Dot, Critical Defense, and 115gr Silvertips from my gun. All the above actually expand through 4 layer denim, many other loadings do not.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The 43 has become my favorite pistol. I carry it aiwb, at 3:30 iwb and owb. I have a few of 'em, one with almost 4K through it, one with about 1200, no problems with any.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Two of my mags have extenders, one from Tango Down, the other a Vickers, both work find and create reliable 8 round mags.
    Umm...I thought Tango Down made the Vickers extensions.

Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

I have two of the G43's. I think they are great pistols but they are a niche gun for me. Yard work, cycling and running primarily. I run my M&P 340 for just slinging weights as it doesn't cause the gym shorts to sag.

Both of the guns I own have been ridiculously reliable. The training gun has roughly 6K through it, carry gun just over 2k. I am less than happy with the finish though as I've managed to wear through it in no time. It hasn't rusted ever which I am happy about but it happened in a matter of 5-6 weeks. It is a very shootable gun for its size. My draw to 3x5 at 7 is only .20 slower than a full size. As a matter of fact it is pretty impressive if you run Gabe's standards with it. I remember the times being not too far off of my normal times draw suffers some. It mainly it's the splits and head transitions. I find the recoil manageable with the LE9T5 135gr +p though I really like the standard pressure 147gr HST. The HST groups really well and is soft, at least to me it is. For those that don't like the recoil the DPX load is even softer than the HST. Now, of all the Glocks I've owned or shot it's probably my favorite and least problematic even though it's a niche gun. I think that the 43 and even the 42 are pretty solid offerings. I think they are really best in their class though I don't think you can compare them to the micro guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-28-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Umm...I thought Tango Down made the Vickers extensions.
    Doh! [Homer Simpson noise...]

Tango Down/Vickers, the other is from Ghost
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post

P.S. - any particular S.D. ammo preferences with the 43 ? All bullet weights o.k. ?
    I have ran the following......

Speer Gold dot 124 +P
    Federal HST 124, 147, and 147 +P
    Remington Golden Sabers
    Hornady Critical Defense
    Some old Black Talons
    Federal Hydra shoks

as well as FMJ loads....

WWB
    Remington
    American Eagle
    Perfecta
    Federal aluminum
    etc.

I'm probably at the 1000 round mark with no stoppages (other than the aforementioned fat thumbs pushing the slide lock up during a magazine). Ejection is pretty uniform for a Glock with 4 o'clock piles to my right. Mine passes the "magazine less" single shot test with ease.

If I remember right, our range officer here at work said they issued out a little over one hundred of them and he saw no stoppages that weren't shooter related. He's a Sig fan and hates Glocks but even he was pleased with our recent G17/G43 rollout to replace our first gen M&Ps.

Forgot to mention I rock mine in a Galco belly band sometimes. It disappears underneath shorts and a tee shirt and is a comfortable companion on walks.

User Tag List