Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I don't know from HST but standard pressure 124 gold dots don't expand. I run 147s, GDs or HSTs.

How do you know they don’t expand? I don’t need a resume, I am not busting your chops, I really want to know. Thank you.

E

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    How do you know they don’t expand? I don’t need a resume, I am not busting your chops, I really want to know. Thank you.

E
    No worries: I watched @ChuckHaggard shoot a few into gelatin from a 43 at Tac Con 2016. @Tamara was standing nearby. Made me mad -- I like that load. I have gone to 147s.

No worries: I watched @ChuckHaggard shoot a few into gelatin from a 43 at Tac Con 2016. @Tamara was standing nearby. Made me mad -- I like that load. I have gone to 147s.
    Did they shoot GD 147?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm not bothering to look it up, buy my recollection is that 115gr Lawman is loaded hot to resemble the recoil impulse of 124gr +P Gold Dots. If that's not quite correct somehow, I won't defend it.
    Excellent. That makes sense when I compare velocities, too.

I just picked up some Fiocchi 115 grain at Academy because I lack patience. It supposedly does 1200 fps. I'll order some 115 Lawman, too.
    Last edited by Edster; 03-07-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    Did they shoot GD 147?

Thanks.
    Nope, but https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post450046

Site Supporter
    I like that load, too. I used it in a P11 to euthanize a crippled deer on the side of the road once - it wasn’t ambulatory, but was sure trying hard to be. Penetrated trough the neck from just below the base of the skull and out through the trachea. So even from a 3” tube and not expanding, it will work if it hits what is needful. Of course, just about anything that will penetrate would have worked with that placement.

I have gone to 147s.
    Apologies if you've already answered this - are you running a mag extension with 147 HSTs?

I don’t believe in mag extensions. Well, I believe they exist.
    Ignore Alien Orders

You mean you don’t like them?

I mean I don’t expect them to be as reliable as the originally designed magazine, and trading reliability for a small increment in capacity is not worth it to me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List