Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

I still have mine but haven’t shot or carried it in quite a while. My Sig P365 replaced it.

My 43X, however, is back in business ever since my PSA 15 round mags proved to be reliable. The 43X PSA mag combo is hard to beat. My P365 tacops was giving me stoppages and I haven’t had time to figure out it’s issue.

I’ve owned mine for quite a while, bought it blue label in 2015. Put a set on Trijicon HD sights on it, use the stock mags have plus 1 and plus 2 mags can’t remember what brand but they are all polymer and have been 100% reliable from day one. Earlier this year I bought a couple of the SA 9 round mags they’ve also worked well. Don’t have a ton of rounds through it, 3000 but enough to know it’s a darn reliable little gun. I actually shoot it very well, the HD’s help. It’s not my main carry gun but there are times it comes in handy and I’m glad I have it. When I bought it, it replaced a PM9 as my small carry 9. A huge improvement.

P365 just makes the most sense for a relatively proven and reliable micro I think.

If you’re ok with non-OEM magazines, a 43 with a Shield Arms Z9 magazine is a good alternative. I like it better than going Glock clone, Shadow Systems CR920.

Site Supporter
    I have a Glock 42 which offers a lot less recoil in the "super slim minimum size single stack for deep carry" category, and a Glock 48 with PSA 15 rounders, which is a lot more gun than a G43 with magazine extension.

For the tiny 9mm category, G43 stacks very poorly against the P365. Just outdated.

I like the 43. We issue them, and I carry a POW 43 off-duty sometimes.

The biggest issues I see on the range with the 43’s are caused by (in no particular order):

1. Small females not holding onto the gun.

2. Agents using aftermarket magazine extensions.

3. Agents hanging stuff on the gun (TLR-6).

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

The biggest issues I see on the range with the 43’s are caused by (in no particular order):

I have put my 43 through some extreme “limp wrist” tests, with both factory magazines and Shield 9 round magazines. Could not cause a malfunction as hard as I tried. Note: I don’t use 115 ammo, the bane of many 9mm woes.

To me the 43, while a little bigger than a P365 or the P938 (which is what it replaced in my inventory), shoots like a much bigger gun. Again, for me, YMMV.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

We tried a 43. My wife could run it, but hated it intensely. Called it a medieval torture device. She has a 42, and will shoot all of the ammunition I will buy or load for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have put my 43 through some extreme “limp wrist” tests, with both factory magazines and Shield 9 round magazines. Could not cause a malfunction as hard as I tried. Note: I don’t use 115 ammo, the bane of many 9mm woes.

To me the 43, while a little bigger than a P365 or the P938 (which is what it replaced in my inventory), shoots like a much bigger gun. Again, for me, YMMV.
    So interesting how perception works between people. Was a huge glock fan but the p365 was better in every way than any slimline glock for me (g43, g43x, g48). For both me and my wife the p365 shoots like a much bigger gun

We started to issue out the 43x at work for certain roles. We put the RMRcc on them and use the Shield mags with the metal magazine catch. So far, the only issues we've had have been with one member of management not getting magazines seated. I get why it happens, I have overly sized mitts and have to adjust my grip a little to get a mag in. He just didn't get why it kept happening, even after the explanation was given.

Haven't seen any reliability issues and I don't hate shooting it. The wife wants one now too, to replace her M&P Compact. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    So interesting how perception works between people. Was a huge glock fan but the p365 was better in every way than any slimline glock for me (g43, g43x, g48). For both me and my wife the p365 shoots like a much bigger gun
    I agree re P365. It looks like it should be snappier to shoot but it isn't. The 43X looks like it should be milder mannered but it isn't.

Having spent a few cases of ammo through a 43X, I think Glock could or should make a flatter, less chamfered trigger for it and maybe a backstrap insert system that fills up the sinus below the beavertail. For me, these two things would have made the gun easier to shoot consistently.

Now if Glock made a 42X, I'd buy one.

User Tag List