Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

I went completely backwards. Started with a 43 then bought a 42 and a 642. Haven't found any real reason to carry the 43. I only shoot 147 gn out of the 43 though. I find 147 gn in small guns a lot more pleasant to shoot and shoot quickly.

Glock 42 is much better balanced and I can shoot it quicker, less weight, thinner, rides easier in a pocket.

642 is my pocket ranch gun/ do all. So is my lcr 22 mag.

I'm warming up to my G43 after some teething problems. It went back to Glock after puking on 147 gold dots, 124 HST's, 127 rangers and 147 rangers. Always ran fine on ball. They replaced the slide stop. It runs better now. Easily have 1000 rounds through it. It has a set of Hackathorne's on it. I can shoot it darn near as good as a real gun. I bought one of the first scandium 360PD's when they came out, broke the frame, and received a replacement. All in all I have pocket carried the 360 a LOT, over 20 or so years but it has been replaced for pocket duty by the G43. A little extra weight but a lot more accuracy, speed and a night sight.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I went completely backwards. Started with a 43 then bought a 42 and a 642. Haven't found any real reason to carry the 43.
    It’s good that this follows my post above. I believe that the ability of a gun’s projectile to incapacitate is an aspect of that gun’s reliability. Based on Doc’s writings, in part, I am relatively comfortable with the idea that 9x19 is not quantifiably less reliable in incapacitation than other pistol calibers, so here specifically I’m not trading size or capacity for reliability. With .380 that calculus changes. All .380s are less reliable than 9 mms, because they are not (nearly) as reliable in incapacitation.

I would call that a real reason.
    Ignore Alien Orders

The 43 is a decent enough pistol but I went back to my Walther PPS because of the more reliable extended magazine options and I prefer the paddle release.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Would anyone be able to briefly comment on the type of finish current production G43s are receiving?

I handled one at my LGS and it was nothing like my previous 43x which seemed to have the nDLC finish as the Gen5s do.

This finish was light gray in comparison and and seemed similar to current production Gen3s they had in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Would anyone be able to briefly comment on the type of finish current production G43s are receiving?

I handled one at my LGS and it was nothing like my previous 43x which seemed to have the nDLC finish as the Gen5s do.

This finish was light gray in comparison and and seemed similar to current production Gen3s they had in the case.
    Recent Glock 43's (and 42's for that matter) are finished exactly the same as they were when they were introduced. I bought a 42 a couple weeks ago to replace one I foolishly sold a few years back and it looks no difference (gray Gen4 type finish) as the one it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post

I believe it is the "nitration" finish which was also on Gen4s. It gives a CoF grayish finish to the barrel and slide. In the Glock Advanced course a while back, it was stated that the nDLC finish started with the FBI "M" 17s and 19s, and is in full size guns.
    I have some cleaning rags which have some oil on them. I wipe the slide and barrel at the port. That turns the finish darker if I've used gun scrubber. My personal 43 sees a little use as an ankle gun-Wilderness has a good rig-and sometimes in an IWB. No major issues.
    Some here have referred to it as the "frying pan finish" I think.

Bumping an old thread.

Are you still finding a spot for the 43? I want to pick up a micro 9. Recent life changes have me going to kids sporting events again and want a low profile light weight 9mm carry pistol. A small light weight pistol is about all my back can handle for long days. I really don’t want a Sig 365 and I like that I already have all the holsters I would every need for a 43.

If Glock would make a 43 that would accept 43x/48 magazines I wouldn’t even hesitate.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    If Glock would make a 43 that would accept 43x/48 magazines I wouldn’t even hesitate.
    And there’s the rub. I carry a P365 when I need a smaller gun, but I also don’t especially like it. Yet it’s also a lot smaller than the 43, but with 4 extra round.

I really wish Glock had a true micro 9, but the polymer coated magazines seem to be the limiting factor.

User Tag List