Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    What shell are you using? When I bought the enigma express the holster that came with it was stupid wide for no reason. It had extra molding in the mouth area that just added width. I returned it. The JMCK shells look considerably smaller width wise but I don't have an enigma anymore for testing.
    I have a JMCK on the way for the G42, I've been using Phlster's own shells for the G43 and G26.

If the JMCK is significantly more concealable, I might get one for the G26. The Phlster shells are comically large.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I have a Road Dog for my G42. Very concealable under a floppy shirt. Also a DeSantis pocket holster for the gun. It vanishes in my Duluth big old front pocket. Interestingly, in the right front pocket, there is a little pocket for change and the extra G42 mag fits right into it comfortably.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

@TGS, FWIW-

Claude Werner’s musings led me the Harry’s Holsters “Dirk” for the 42 and I like it quite a bit. Shell is scaled appropriately to the size and it’s an intelligent design.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    @TGS, FWIW-

Claude Werner’s musings led me the Harry’s Holsters “Dirk” for the 42 and I like it quite a bit. Shell is scaled appropriately to the size and it’s an intelligent design.
    Thanks, but when carrying in clothes without a belt I'm not a fan of clipping holsters to the clothing. In addition, it doesn't help me carry anything else, when I typically carry more than just a gun. This is how I have my rig setup, for instance. Carries the gun, spare mag, TQ, light, creds, phone.

Name:  IMG_20231007_191351920.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  55.9 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have had a my 43 for quite a while. I shoot it every so often and it has always worked. In the past, I have used it when fishing or hiking in the local mountains where things that bite are small and my perambulations take me beyond the average range of the locally deranged.

Today began to vet the controversial Z9 magazine in my 43. I purchased three in hopes that I would get at least one that would work.

I fired 150 rounds through them today, 50 rounds each, and they were 100% reliable and locked the slide back every time in my gun.

I am going to add this gun to my permit in January if it continues to function, but out of the gate I am very happy with the results.

I almost alway carry a Glock 19, but it will be nice to have a smaller gun for summer and strolls around town.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I feel the same way about the G42 cost/benefit. Probably why I still have a 42, and have sold a couple of 43s.
    I admit it: I’m a gear whore. This is, I think, the 3rd one of these things I’ve bought over the years. That puts the 43 in a tie with the G42 and G26 for frequent flying through the chez Totem revolving door.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

#fact
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List