Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

Vending Machine Operator
    I was playing around with my 43 today and I have to confess I miss my Walther PPS M1. My 43 is lighter, smaller, has more sensible magazines, and has sights that match my full-size Glocks, so I don't regret the switch, but I definitely LIKED my PPS better.

My 43 does not get my affections going. It's not a comfortable gun for me to shoot or hold. Like my LCP or a J-Frame, it's not a gun I love, but it's a gun I respect for good performance in its niche. I don't see myself changing my EDC in the foreseeable future. Here's to you, G43, you strange necessary evil.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Haven't read the whole thread end to end, but I will. That said, I wanted to post my thoughts on the G43.

I very much like the G43 and carry it more than anything else. Currently using a DSG Arms AIWB holster that I got when I added a TLR-6 to it. I'm currently waiting on a Dark Star Gear AIWB for it and will take the TLR-6 off.

I added:

- Ameriglo Spartan Sights
    - Talon Grips
    - TTI +2's on my primary mags, and +1's on my secondaries
    - The Gadget

What I love about the G43:

I can conceal carry a G19 regularly. However, it's simply so much weight in one spot. I found that I rarely carried a spare mag when carrying the 19. The G43 spreads the weight, and nearly identical round count of the 19 out across my front (Carrying the 43 on the right side of my front with the +2 and a spare mag on the left front appendix with +2s). This is SIGNIFICANTLY more comfortable for me. This still gives me 17 rounds between 2 mags which for my AO should be PLENTY for most scenarios where I might need a firearm.

It's a VERY accurate pistol when I do my part.

The bad:

Controllability is tough. The Talon Grips help significantly with that.

It's a tough gun to shoot well consistently in a range session. I have to be really on top of my game to shoot it consistently well. It will immediately show me anytime I'm slacking. I got my fiance one and set it up identical to mine; I sometimes wonder if that was really the best choice for the inexperienced shooter but she has too small of hands to like the G19, for example. I'm contemplating trying to shoot the 43 exclusively for a few months and see if I can up my consistency with it - switching to a larger frame at that point should seem easy.
    Last edited by THellURider; 04-21-2018 at 04:22 PM.

What’s everyone running for sd ammo in their glock 43? Are the 124 hst too light for the short barrel?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    HST 147gr

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    HST 147gr
    Same - in all my 9mms

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What’s everyone running for sd ammo in their glock 43? Are the 124 hst too light for the short barrel?
    I don't know from HST but standard pressure 124 gold dots don't expand. I run 147s, GDs or HSTs.

Kyle Defoor has a post saying that in his experience, the Glock 43 is very hit or miss with reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Kyle Defoor has a post saying that in his experience, the Glock 43 is very hit or miss with reliability.
    I believe he was saying with magazine extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly but I read it as problems with 1) extensions and 2) hollow points not "extensions with hollow points."

User Tag List