Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43: Your Thoughts After Owning & Carrying for Awhile ?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I thought 147’s and 124+P’s were not ideal in the slim lines.
    Bureau runs 135gr +P in their 43/43X’s.

They don’t run the 147gr G2 in them because of the ballistic performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I thought 147’s and 124+P’s were not ideal in the slim lines.
    I’ve done a lot of testing with the 43 and 48. My conclusion was, stay away from +P. 147s (non +P) were fine. I run 147 HST in both.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’ve done a lot of testing with the 43 and 48. My conclusion was, stay away from +P. 147s (non +P) were fine. I run 147 HST in both.

YMMV.
    Same. My 43x would run 147 HST fine but choked on the first magazine of GD 124+P.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the G43. I just got back from doing a head to head comparison of my G42 and G43.

Shooting a 5 second AMRAP at 10 yards on an 8" circle, I can fire 9 rounds with the G42. With the G43, I can do 4. Going to 5 and 6 rounds with the G43 is possible, but ends up pushing rounds outside the 8" circle. The G42 is just stupid easy to shoot well.

In addition, the G43 isn't a whole lot different to carry than the G26 while unlike the G43, the G26 is 90% the performance that a G19 is. Carrying the G42 is a much more noticeable difference to the G26, however. Shit, even compared to the G43, it's a big difference given how light it is.

I'm not thrilled with the G43. It's nice to have, I imagine I'll keep it around, but my inclination right now is that when I need a gun lighter or smaller than the G26, I'll choose the G42 over the G43. While 9mm is generally regarded as the baseline, the fact is that it's not a death ray anyways, and with such a substantial difference in shooting performance I feel like the G42 is a reasonable choice.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-09-2023 at 01:36 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm still not sure how I feel about the G43. I just got back from doing a head to head comparison of my G42 and G43.

Shooting a 5 second AMRAP at 10 yards on an 8" circle, I can fire 9 rounds with the G42. With the G43, I can do 4. Going to 5 and 6 rounds with the G43 is possible, but ends up pushing rounds outside the 8" circle. The G42 is just stupid easy to shoot well.

In addition, the G43 isn't a whole lot different to carry than the G26 while unlike the G43, the G26 is 90% the performance that a G19 is. Carrying the G42 is a much more noticeable difference to the G26, however. Shit, even compared to the G43, it's a big difference given how light it is.

I'm not thrilled with the G43. It's nice to have, I imagine I'll keep it around, but my inclination right now is that when I need a gun lighter or smaller than the G26, I'll choose the G42 over the G43. While 9mm is generally regarded as the baseline, the fact is that it's not a death ray anyways, and with such a substantial difference in shooting performance I feel like the G42 is a reasonable choice.
    I feel the same way about the G42 cost/benefit. Probably why I still have a 42, and have sold a couple of 43s.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I don’t own a 26, but I do own and have a LOT of carry time on a 27. It was my first carry gun when I moved to a free state 20 years ago and still sees holster time to this day. For me, there is a BIG difference between the 26/27 and the G43. I know this has become a cliche, but I think this is a truly YMMV scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I don’t own a 26, but I do own and have a LOT of carry time on a 27. It was my first carry gun when I moved to a free state 20 years ago and still sees holster time to this day. For me, there is a BIG difference between the 26/27 and the G43. I know this has become a cliche, but I think this is a truly YMMV scenario.
    You're right, and you made me realize that I worded that poorly as I'm basing that statement on my situation.

Previously, either in this thread or another, I made a statement that the flat single stack guns offer an advantage with carrying tucked IWB as they reduce the general waistline bulge that double stack guns can create. Thing is, recently I've been using these guns almost exclusively with clothes lacking a belt using the Phlster Enigma. Between the exceptionally thick kydex holster shell and faceplate system, the Enigma represents a lot of bulk and I find the thin width of the G43 is essentially meaningless.

With regular carry using a traditional IWB holster which typically have thinner kydex shells and lack the bulky faceplate system, yeah, the G43 definitely makes a difference compared to the 26.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I brought an iron sighted 43 to the range today. Haven't shot a 43 for a few years. First, I shot it at 20 yards with 115 Gold Dot, with a piece of one inch black tape as my aiming spot. It shot about a 2.5 inch group with three shots into the black tape. However, it seemed flippy compared to, for example, a 26. In terms of ease of shooting, 26>43X>43. Unless pocket carrying, I am not sure what a 43 does for me over a 43X or 26, and a 42 feels far easier to pocket.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I brought an iron sighted 43 to the range today. Haven't shot a 43 for a few years. First, I shot it at 20 yards with 115 Gold Dot, with a piece of one inch black tape as my aiming spot. It shot about a 2.5 inch group with three shots into the black tape. However, it seemed flippy compared to, for example, a 26. In terms of ease of shooting, 26>43X>43. Unless pocket carrying, I am not sure what a 43 does for me over a 43X or 26, and a 42 feels far easier to pocket.
    Though @GJM is a better marksman than I… he clearly summed up my thoughts & experiences succinctly.

You're right, and you made me realize that I worded that poorly as I'm basing that statement on my situation.

Previously, either in this thread or another, I made a statement that the flat single stack guns offer an advantage with carrying tucked IWB as they reduce the general waistline bulge that double stack guns can create. Thing is, recently I've been using these guns almost exclusively with clothes lacking a belt using the Phlster Enigma. Between the exceptionally thick kydex holster shell and faceplate system, the Enigma represents a lot of bulk and I find the thin width of the G43 is essentially meaningless.

With regular carry using a traditional IWB holster which typically have thinner kydex shells and lack the bulky faceplate system, yeah, the G43 definitely makes a difference compared to the 26.
    What shell are you using? When I bought the enigma express the holster that came with it was stupid wide for no reason. It had extra molding in the mouth area that just added width. I returned it. The JMCK shells look considerably smaller width wise but I don't have an enigma anymore for testing.

User Tag List