Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2- USPSA Production Gun

Name:  FF5A0C97-38B8-4D82-A892-D9303C765074.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  73.7 KB

I just replaced a hammer spring after probably 25k+ rounds.

Very interested the marine grease as I break slide stop pins fairly regularly with just conventional oil.

Do you guys run the buffer on the guide rod? I have seen posts on Enos about some who do and don't. Those ones who do use a buffer don't seem to report broken slide stop pins nearly as often. Not a conclusion of any kind, but I am curiouse if the buffer may be helping extend the life of the pin.

My S2 is at 10k now and so far the pin looks good as does the orginal buffer.

CZ Shadow 2- USPSA Production Gun

I use the thick buffer, and a 13# CGW recoil spring. Buffers last 20k or more with ~133PF loads.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I use buffers. Prefer thick but I am almost out of them. Mine don't last more than a couple of thousand. My slide stops break about every 10-13K rounds.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I use the thick buffer, and a 13# CGW recoil spring. Buffers last 20k or more with ~133PF loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I use buffers. Prefer thick but I am almost out of them. Mine don't last more than a couple of thousand. My slide stops break about every 10-13K rounds.
    I use buffers too and haven’t worn through a single one yet.

I break pins every 10-15k rounds but I use an 11 pound recoil spring and don’t change them at all so that I’m sure contributes to the punishment on the pin.

I take the broken pins as trade off for easier racking on unloaded starts with a soft RSA.

I have a few CZ's. I shoot them in local steel matches and IDPA matches. Also use them as EDC.

CZ Custom Shadowline Compact: EDC and an occasional IDPA match in SSP or CCP divisions.

Cajun Gun Works CZ RAMI (safety model) with a Holosun 507KX2 red dot optic: EDC when I am not carrying the above mentioned Shadowline.

Cajun Gun Works CZ 75 SP-01 non-Shadow converted to SAO with Trijicon SRO red dot optic: IDPA CO division.

CZ Custom CZ Shadow 1 converted to SAO with Trijicon SRO red dot optic: IDPA CO division.

CZ Custom Shadow 1: IDPA SSP and ESP divisions. Production and Limited Minor in local steel matches.

CZ Custom Shadow 1 Tactical II: IDPA SSP and ESP divisions.

Cajun Gun Works CZ 97B converted to SAO: IDPA CDP division.

CZ Custom Shadow 2 converted to SAO: Used one on the way to my FFL as of this evening. Picked it up in a trade. Don't know what I am going to do with it yet. Here's a photo:

Name:  1FC940D0-87C1-4E12-8E10-112E2B0CB087.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  71.6 KB

So far I have broken one trigger return spring on the CZ Custom Shadow 1

I had the barrel reamed on three of the above pistols to alleviate occasional FTF issues and that has proven to have solved the issue.

In my experience, all of the CZ pistols are sensitive to COAL of the ammunition.

I have a mix of CZ 18-round magazines and MecGar 17-round magazines. I have added Wolff "+10" springs to all the CZ magazines. No mag-related issues.

The Shadow 2 in transit will have several MecGar 10-round magazines. No experience with the reduced capacity mags, so will have to see how they work before i determine their end use.

There was (is) no master plan to have a couple of CZ's on hand while one or two were being repaired as mentioned by George M., but I certainly have an adequate supply of pistols to cover such events should they occur,

I like them.

The 10 round mecgars should be good to go. I have 15 of them with henning pro base pads in general useageage. They only issues I had was with a stuck follower after I neglected to clean them after a being stepped on in the mud. These are the round floor plate peg mags, I have not tried the newer mags with the square floor plate peg.

Fun fact

@Clusterfrack
    @YVK

Did you know that the barrel bushing is only held in place by the front pin (for those carry optics shooters that remove their front sights)….

Name:  EB7B5DB8-8E98-4B16-884B-6757DAD48B90.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  41.7 KB

That would explain my recent zeroing issue…

Time to order some CGW ones!

CZ Shadow 2- USPSA Production Gun

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @Clusterfrack
    @YVK

Did you know that the barrel bushing is only held in place by the front pin (for those carry optics shooters that remove their front sights)….

Name:  EB7B5DB8-8E98-4B16-884B-6757DAD48B90.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  41.7 KB

That would explain my recent zeroing issue…

Time to order some CGW ones!
    Lol!

Order new front sight pin also.

Edit: degrease parts really well.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Yes, I knew that. I keep my pins in although there was a time when I didn't and bushings stayed put. My front sights fly off all the time.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List